Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SVI3206D Hybrid IC ( BC POWER MODULE BY SANYO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SVI3206D Hybrid IC ( BC POWER MODULE BY SANYO)

hi members !

today i work on an old technics amplifier with blowed SVI3206 IC ,, everyo0ne know theses IC become pretty rare , here this amp is sold for about 75$ the price of the SVI IC ,, here is the standard trouble of thechnics engineering , ( failed cooling , PNP power transistor unsoldered themselves and shorted out ,

so my plan is not to replace this HYbrid board , BUt REPLACING ONLY POWER FETS ON IT by subtilise it with standard PNP/NPN power transistor mounted directly on heatsink ,, a lot of time to lost here but if all this become to work , it will be an usefull way to recover Blowed SVI/STK Powers modules .. i will post somes pictures of my devlopment soon , if anywone hane any info to point me in a good direction it will be really appreciated , KEEP In mind i do dat in priority for RESEARCH AND DEVLOPPEMENT , no need to say y will lost some time on that ! but its my plan !
    thanks

Re: SVI3206D Hybrid IC ( BC POWER MODULE BY SANYO)

sounds good, i would try it too with the cost of those hybrids.
    dont forget to meter he base-drive transistors incase they are aso damaged.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

i think the big deal with theses IC's is to solder a wire on it because its not copper based but alloy pcb . i will check if it is possible to solder a wire directly on a SMD resistor or simply The AMP PCB without toutching at the SVI directly , probably i will only need to Tap the 4 Collectors connections that is not identified on my picture im happy if at this point the idea of concept is possible

Comment

i have a made a noob moove ive unsoldered all 4 before identify it . but if im right , i only need to identify one of these to know the rest i love this project is like reverse engeenering

is the worst Case scenario

Comment

if you mean geting the base-drive signals, you could use spring-loaded pins on a bit of stripboard over the module.

you can solder though, you just need a good iron - it's metalised-ceramic substrate.
            it acts like a heatsink.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Pepin View Post
              i have a made a noob moove ive unsoldered all 4 before identify it . but if im right , i only need to identify one of these to know the rest i love this project is like reverse engeenering

is the worst Case scenario
              lol
              maybe you can work out the NPN from the PNP by the polarity of the power rail.

Comment

btw, put one under a good magnifier to make sure there is only one transistor and not a darlington.

Comment

sorry i learn in same time on that , im not sure to know what you mean by Getting the Base drive signal ( if you mean Check for Pin who have Power Supply and pin that receive Audio signal i will be ok for check it out . for the darlington , ive just read about ''Darlington Configuration'' ( fet 1 out thru fet2 in then fet 2 out is cumulative of both ) it look pretty like this configuration but again , Sa m'embete un peu pour l'instant , ''le temps de me démêler avec tout sa ''

Comment

according to diagram of SVI ,

pin3=ch1 out
                    Pin4 = +60V
                    Pin5 = -60V
                    pin6 =ch2 out

so on my ''mspaint artwork''
                    both yellow 1'S marks Are +60V
                    Both Red 4's marks Are -60V
                    Both Orange 3's marks Are channel 1 Output
                    And
                    Both Green 2's Marks Are Channel 2 Output

it leave 4 Connection that is for the signal

SVI
                    Attached Files

Comment

'1' are NPN (Collectors of both Transistor '1' are connected to +VCC pin 4)
                      '4' are PNP (Collectors of both transistors are connected -VCC pin 5)
                      BTW, what is the model of this amplifier?
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by budm; 06-20-2015, 08:32 PM.
                      Never stop learning
                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Technics Su-G50
                        Attached Files

Comment

thanks a lot !! so now , just need to find somes candidats the PnP device returned P-jfet , with 64Volt look like legit info ,

the orange home made box is nothing more than a simple atmega168 electronic device tester found on ebay for 17$ i love it

Comment

something is not right.

the transistors should all match,
                            you should not be seeing bipolar(regular) transistors and J-Fets.

maybe the readings are wrong or one of the parts is damaged.

Comment

So far I cannot tell if the output devices are just plain NPN/PNP or MOSFET, cannot find the spec of the module to verify, they do not look like MOSFET.
                              You also have some ICs in that module too.
                              Last edited by budm; 06-20-2015, 10:45 PM.
                              Never stop learning
                              Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                              http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

its probably because one of the PNP ( fake j-fet?) device that not completly blowed , other one is burned , , the 2 other one ( npn look just fine )

Comment

chase this guy!
                                  http://www.oocities.org/technicshifi/IC.html

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                                    So far I cannot tell if the output devices are just plain NPN/PNP or MOSFET, cannot find the spec of the module to verify, they do not look like MOSFET.
                                    You also have some ICs in that module too.
                                    yeah ! and these parts have nothing writted on it , its probably under the solder

npn pair is still intact

but pnp pair is destroyed , i was able to test only one ant its one that returned a JETTE FETTE
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                                      if this guy was capable ! i will be capable too , it not need much more to get it work , in the worst case , un capaciteur dans loeuil un peu de fumée , une histoire a raconter ahahah desoler si mon anglais fais dur je m'force beaucoup!
                                      Last edited by Jeff Pepin; 06-20-2015, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                                        something is not right.

the transistors should all match,
                                        you should not be seeing bipolar(regular) transistors and J-Fets.

maybe the readings are wrong or one of the parts is damaged.
                                        yep affirmative pnp devices are exploded this amp is an heat victim , pnp devices sliding trip

Comment

Working...
                                        X