X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

HI folks,
    I am UNICOR from INDIA.
    I am an Electronics engineer working for SONY (Broadcast equipments). This is a very interesting forum and I get to learn a lot here.
    Keep it up.
    Thanks.

Comment

Hey guys, i came across this site via google when looking for a fix to my monitor problem. Hopefully i can learn enough to fix it correctly. Looking forward to the experience.

Comment

Hello

Im going bald trying to understand a capacitor I need to buy and who would know that a forum for capacitors exist, thank god for google and praise the lord for this forum.

Im now getting my hair back

Comment

Hello to all members:

I'm Agustin from Mexico, as per english is not my mother language I'll apologize in advance for any grammar error, I'm an Industrial Technician and have my own business in automatic door systems.

I'm really concern about caring the environment so I always try to repair the electronic components of the gate openers instead just trash them, as far as I know in Mexico we don't recycle electronic components yet, I know some of them has very hazardous metals.

By now I'm looking for a film capacitor with the AV logo, I've google it and found nothing, hope somebody in here can help me to find out it.

Thanks.
          Last edited by marasae; 09-10-2010, 06:18 PM. Reason: grammar errors

Comment

EN,my name is gongsaiwei,a young chinese electronic engineer.tody,i found this web,a little fun.haha.I think I will like it!
            Tks!

Comment

Hello everyone. I am a 26 year old at home dad and I am completely obsessed with electronics. I have a huge habit of finding the stuff people have given up on and are giving away. And I never give up on something even when it looks like I may never fix it. I have a big habit of dismantling almost anything and everything electronic, but my biggest passions are computers, and tvs. I am mainly in love with DLP rear projection tvs and Lcds, but then again who wouldnt love an 80 inch widescreen.

Comment

Hey there!

Glad I found this site and hope I can find answers to my LCD problems since I have four (4) Samsung 204B in the center of my set up. Two of the screens are having probs firing up. Difficult finding the dimensions of the original caps without opening the screen. Wanted to have the caps on hand so that when I, hopefully, do the repair I can do it at one shot.

Comment

Hi everyone. I am a 37 year old engineer from London, but have now moved to sunny Cornwall. I work with computers every day, and I am currently studying for my MSCE.
                  I have developed a bad habit recently of aquiring broken LCDs and plasmas etc. and repairing what would otherwise have ended up at the tip. I am sure I will find the knowledge contained in these forums invaluble and will attemp to impart any knowledge I have gained whenever it will help.

Comment

Hey all , i just found this place after looking for some info on laserdiscs , if anyone can help me out on what machine to go for PLEASE get in touch

Comment

Originally posted by Aleks.J View Post
                      Hi all

Im a Norwegian guy that has a passion for Laserdisc, namely getting Star wars off the big shiny discs in the best possible quality. On the team is a heavily modified Sony C2ex and a Runco Vfc-4404, i came here to show what im doing and hopefully get some advice that might lead to better performance from my gear. Here is some pictures/info:

http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/vt.mpl?f=tweaks&m=171972

http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/top...d/topic/10602/
                      WOW Aleks .j thats an amazing job you have done on that Sony , can you help me with info on LD players ?.

Comment

i have a nec 42" plasma and cant find the capacitors to fix it can you help?

Comment

Re: New Members -i need assistance

i cant find parts

Comment

Originally posted by delamoss View Post
                            i have a nec 42" plasma and cant find the capacitors to fix it can you help?
                            start a new thread

Comment

i am new to this site. i understand less and less since replacing 1b3gt in my first zenith television. we all lived in monochrome then. ronald7208

Comment

welcome everyone from everywhere

We don't have a great war in our generation, or a great depression, but we do, we have a great war of the spirit. We have a great revolution against the culture. The great depression is our lives. We have a spiritual depression.

Comment

Found this forum via Google. I have a Sceptre 19" LCD that died, and replacement parts are hard to come by. It looks like there were a few people here with the exact same issue, so I thought I'd fit right in. This was literally the ONLY site that had any helpful information, and thank goodness there's tons of it.

I have 3 years of physics, a BS in Computer Science and an MBA. My favorite class was embedded systems programming--kind of fitting I suppose. Unfortunately, I haven't had much experience with small component construction & soldering. My dad taught me how to solder and got me that Weller gun when I was a kid, but I mainly do home electrical stuff. The only capacitors I've installed (aside from the college breadboard days), are the larger ones for car stereos.

Could anyone recommend a good affordable solder iron/station for the occasional tinkerer (or is there another section for that)? Looking forward to getting started, and to getting my monitor back. : )

-Will

Comment

Hi,
                                    im from Germany and found this nice and informative forum with google while i was searching whether my power supply is rubish or not.

Comment

Nice site, see you back
                                      HarryO

Comment

Hello
                                        I'm rhoelcruz. I'm from the Philippines

Comment

Hi,
                                          I appreciate the opportunity to join your forum, I find myself at home these days after a surfing accident in 2005. I'm finally able to get around a bit and able to focus thru the meds a little better. Rekindling 1-2 old hobbies will hopefully help my recovery so they say.

On the brighter side during junior high/early high school I spent hrs taking apart "juliettes" and anything electronic, sometimes before it was even broken. Then the pressure is on to fix before anyone finds out. Most of you probably know what i mean.

Unfortunately the majority of my testing equipment (father was a electrician) was destroyed after a once in 500 yr flood several years ago. Hopefully I can piece together enough to furnish a decent workshop in the near future. I have a scope, voltage calibrator, millivolt potentiometer, tenma mid level multimeter and esr meter as a start.

On the good days i'll be reading your posts and relearning the old and the new methods. Currently I've been refurbishing a 25 yr old yamaha amp (not tube) complete with leaking nichicon N8612 caps (1000uf 90v radial) which I hope to upgrade. Any Ideas ?? Elna's audio??

Thats all for now and certainly look forward to the exchange of ideas. By the way, I currently reside along the coast in sunny South Carolina, USA. Plz keep in mind I just live here, I'm not from here.

Thanks,
                                          NotherNobody

Comment

Working...
                                          X