cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cables

One time i was in a pinch, summer out, too hot for attic adventures and i needed to run another cable to my closet

there was already one cable ran and i couldnt use a switch because of how i have design the layout

so i re-wired the existing cable into 2 cables, this works becasue CAT5 cables only use 4pairs of the wire, there are 4 remaining pairs left, i seperated the 4 extra wires out the end and added plugs to both ends. works great and i still get full 100mbps throughput local.

Re: cables

its amusing how you can violate the recommended

- stick cables with hot glue
    - run them next to power cables
    - bend them pull them

i only had probs once by securing a cable with nailed in cable clips
    most probs are by incorrect pinout at connector or bad crimping of connector. i always test the cables with cheap network tester though

funny how there is a magnetic like attraction of the cables to the feet of the ladder when you are pulling cables.
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Re: cables

Originally posted by willawake
      its amusing how you can violate the recommended

- stick cables with hot glue
      - run them next to power cables
      - bend them pull them

i only had probs once by securing a cable with nailed in cable clips
      most probs are by incorrect pinout at connector or bad crimping of connector. i always test the cables with cheap network tester though

funny how there is a magnetic like attraction of the cables to the feet of the ladder when you are pulling cables.
      totally agree, or around your foot while stretching on the ladder.
      Cat5 cables seem to be able to take a lot, over flouro ligh fixtures, fridgerators, AC unit... i suppose it all depends on the requirments though..
      i have had problems with pulling but that was becasue of my patients levels, a big knot and a truss

Cat6/a and fiber on the other hand.. like a woman.

Comment

Working...
      X