... Small Question ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... Small Question ...

What should I look for when no power light is shown at all.

No 2 seconds to black.

No response of any kind.

Major fuse is intact.

Thanks in advance, Jacob
    ^Learning to walk on rice paper without leaving a trace,

Re: ... Small Question ...

Originally posted by Nama
    What should I look for when no power light is shown at all.

No 2 seconds to black.

No response of any kind.

Major fuse is intact.

Thanks in advance, Jacob
    this will help
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...9&postcount=18
    this applies to 120V supply
    Last edited by Bobdee; 05-31-2009, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Yes Sir, Thank you

Comment

I would add a few points to my original discussion. Obviously, different monitor power supplies will have different component numbers. However, they all work in essentially the same way. If you need assistance identifying the corresponding components on your power supply, post a picture.

One big difference will be the voltage across the main capacitor. This will vary, depending on the line (mains) voltage in your area. In the US we use 120 / 240 VAC, with all standard electric outlets supplying 120 VAC. I believe in Europe many outlets carry 240 VAC. A quick estimate of the voltage across the main capacitor can be made by multiplying your nominal voltage by 1.4.

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I wish you lived next door to me Bill!. I'll buy you a house next to mine if I ever strike it rich!.. I have a few I may need some assistance with. The one I would really like to get working "elo 17" Touchscreen" I think I fried last night. I was probing with a multimeter and brushed up against a mosfet something on the main board popped and and smoked... I'll post pictures tomorrow. Thanks again guys, Jacob

Comment

I wish you lived next door to me Bill!. I'll buy you a house next to mine if I ever strike it rich!.. I have a few I may need some assistance with. The one I would really like to get working "elo 17" Touchscreen" I think I fried last night. I was probing with a multimeter and brushed up against a mosfet something on the main board popped and and smoked... I'll post pictures tomorrow. Thanks again guys, Jacob
            Why wait? The house next door is vacant.

PlainBill
            For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill
              Why wait? The house next door is vacant.

PlainBill
              Why you two just sell your current houses and buy a duplex?
              There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
              • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
              • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
              • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
              • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
              • Windows 10 Pro x64
              • GeForce GT1050
                2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

I would get a Uhaul today but I like white shoes to much to move to AZ.!!

Comment

Chose a place in between. I would gladly accept you both in my apartment, but the manager would kick us all out of here in no time ....
                  There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
                  • Windows 10 Pro x64
                  • GeForce GT1050

Comment

Originally posted by eguevarae
                    Why you two just sell your current houses and buy a duplex?
                    Depressed property values. And I can't even walk away from the mortgage - I don't have one.

PlainBill

Comment

HEY, LOT'S of guys wear white shoes in Arizona. Usually with lime green pants that belt under the armpits. It's the official dress code of Sun City West. That's a wonderful city. Nobody is in a hurry. Of course, that's because the speed limit is 25 MPH - on the highways!

PlainBill

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill
                        HEY, LOT'S of guys wear white shoes in Arizona. Usually with lime green pants that belt under the armpits. It's the official dress code of Sun City West. That's a wonderful city. Nobody is in a hurry. Of course, that's because the speed limit is 25 MPH - on the highways!

PlainBill
                        I went to Tuscon with white shoes and hat. left with red shoes and hat. Nice place! but i would miss the mountains in Denver. Me you and eguevarae could start the Badcaps commune in Waco, Texas... HAA

Comment

I went to Tuscon with white shoes and hat. left with red shoes and hat. Nice place! but i would miss the mountains in Denver. Me you and eguevarae could start the Badcaps commune in Waco, Texas... HAA
                          I'm in . Wife says I'm crazy . I guess I'm out ....
                          • Windows 10 Pro x64
                          • GeForce GT1050

Comment

I had no idea one capacitor could keep the monitor from turning on at all. No green light and no response from the power button at all. Although I learned a lot from reading your post and probing "thankful for this". It turned out to be one single cap between the 3 Mosfets. As soon as I replaced the cap it fired up. Thanks again everyone. Bill, do you have anymore posts like the one I used to work my way through the board. Or does anyone know of any others. I would like to learn why the boards work. Jacob

Comment

I had no idea one capacitor could keep the monitor from turning on at all. No green light and no response from the power button at all. Although I learned a lot from reading your post and probing "thankful for this". It turned out to be one single cap between the 3 Mosfets. As soon as I replaced the cap it fired up. Thanks again everyone. Bill, do you have anymore posts like the one I used to work my way through the board. Or does anyone know of any others. I would like to learn why the boards work. Jacob
                              To help others what make and model was this monitor please.
                              thanks
                              bob

Comment

Dell E171fpb

Four Mosfets on the main board.
                                Look for three Mosfets on the top on the main board.
                                If your counting from left to right the Cap is between Mosfet 2 and 3

Elite 35v 1000uf

I should have taken a picture before i closed it back up. Jacob

Comment

Dell E171fpb

Four Mosfets on the main board.
                                  Look for three Mosfets on the top on the main board.
                                  If your counting from left to right the Cap is between Mosfet 2 and 3

Elite 35v 1000uf

I should have taken a picture before i closed it back up. Jacob
                                  If you have more Elites in there, I suggest you change them all. They will fail just as the one you changed, even without visual indication. I couldn't find a picture of the exact model (I have pics from E171FP ...). If you replace the remaining Elites, please take (and post) pics.
                                  Eduardo
                                  • Windows 10 Pro x64
                                  • GeForce GT1050

Comment

Working...
                                  X