K7T266 Pro2 help needed. "Died"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K7T266 Pro2 help needed. "Died"

Welp All, It's Not the Ram. Installed new ram stick, and no go...same thing.
    but that's ok, I can use that same ram in the pc im on now.

*Is there any way possible, to test a capacitor without an esr meter?
    Besides just checking for reverse polarity or a short...
    and I mean, anything that would give the slightest clue. anything at all?

*What about checking the caps with ohms readings.. does a good or bad cap read any certain amount of ohms? Like if it reads low ohms.. it most likely is??? or if it reads a large amount of k/m/ohms it's most likely??? or ohms doesn't make any diference at all with caps? With doing some useless ohm checking... most caps register way up there on the 500/700/+ [K]Ohms. As do good caps on another good board read. Yet all the rubycons only register about 18/19/OHMS. Now which if any of that info tells me what? nothing?

The only two caps I noticed that aren't exactly flush with the board, are two rubycon's. but nothing drasticly though...nothing burnt,leaking,nor buldging.

Comment

* I crudly tested the caps using visual analyser pc osciloscope with built in signal generator. along with a couple of resistors....

To see if would work, I first tested known good caps.. the squarewaves would demenish when testing good 1000uf and up caps...
      When testing a known clearly "buldged/bad" cap of the same uf, the squarewaves would appear as sinewaves...and or obviously appear very different... if you wanna know the wiring connections sch, let me know.
      It seems like it works fine to me...

I tested every cap on the board,and all apear to be fine,that is, by this method. So looks to me like the caps on the board are good.
      So it's just as I figured, something else gone out, that I'll probably never ever figure out what that is.

This is the worst pc failure that I've ever seen in my life.
      yet, itta boot off the cd drive with no problems, and run memtest.
      Does'nt that say the processor is working?

Comment

It may be a bad IDE cable connection. That can cause a complete POST failure.
        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

I'd suggest looking at the PSU first, before meddling with the mobo. G-Luxon and Teapo are known to fail quietly, but if they're in low stress locations, you can leave them alone for the moment. The system is booting into BIOS, which rules out a lot of problems. Your memory is probably OK. Since it freezes only during the WinXP startup, I'd guess it's a software issue - either misconfiguration or malware/viruses.

Try to get hold of an Ubuntu CD and boot from CDROM and run Memtest. If it passes, your hardware is probably 100% fit.

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP
            It may be a bad IDE cable connection. That can cause a complete POST failure.
            It's been almost 1.5 years since the last post.... Somehow I think the OP has moved on, maybe you should too?

Comment

Working...
            X