ASRock 775VM800 bad caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASRock 775VM800 bad caps

I was given this board to see, if it can be saved. There is one obviously swollen cap rated 3300uF 6.3V.

The problem is that the motherboard doesn't power on - it's dead as a brick. I'm not sure recapping it would help. What do you guys think?

Thanks

Re: ASRock 775VM800 bad caps

I did a CMOS reset and the system will turn on for a second but then just power off. After trying this, I decided to replace all six 3300uF caps but the result is the same. CPU fan starts turning for a second then the system shuts off.

What now?

Comment

Well, no help from here...

I also replaced four 1200uF 16V caps that looked good on the outside but it didn't do anything so I trashed the board.

Comment

What do you expect us to say... guess something out of thin air?

Post pictures of the board, as clear as possible, maybe we spot something you missed.

Why did the capacitors go bad? Go to the source.. check the power supply... maybe the power supply is bad and no longer provides good enough power.

What capacitors did you use? Maybe you used poor quality or unsuitable capacitors, you can't use any brand of capacitors to replace existing ones.

Pictures... Pictures... Pictures... Pictures... Pictures... Pictures... Pictures... Pictures...

Comment

I used equal value Samxon caps purchased from badacps a while ago.

I have no idea why the caps went bad since the motherboard was given to me and I don't have the power supply the original owner was using.

I decided not to waste any more time on this board since it's an old socket 462 board.

Comment

Check for shorting and probably could be due to bad MOSFET near the CPU.

Comment

Working...
            X