Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tempered Glass Computer cases... sexy or sh*t?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tempered Glass Computer cases... sexy or sh*t?

Went looking at Canada Computers today... just looking, of course (anybody that knows me knows I never pay brick-and-mortar pricing on things).

It seems that a new trend in cases is tempered glass with no external drives at all. I saw a few this way, but the inwin 805 stood out to me the most:

https://www.in-win.com/en/gaming-chassis/805

At $200ish CAD, I'm not in the market... but I will admit that's a sexy case.

Even better, even though it's not advertized as EATX, from seeing it in person it looks like such would fit... . They say the max size GPU supported is 320mm, EATX is 330mm (so it would be a tight squeeze). It's certainly no full tower supermicro case, but with a few extra holes drilled and tapped one could make a very pretty workstation.

What sucks is that the glass is heavy and fragile... not a LAN party case, obviously.

What do you all think? Slick or shit?
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Re: Tempered Glass Computer cases... sexy or sh*t?

Shit. Then again, i like to sleeper my PCs. Old beige cases with modern high end internals.
    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

not a good idea if you like radio or have a HAM nearby!!

Comment

^ That too. PCs really don't like 6m or 40m. I know about 6m from experience. It killed the BMC on perfectly good Lenovo T520 battery. 40m is just general knowledge.
        Last edited by goontron; 03-18-2018, 12:47 PM.
        Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Not bad looking....but besides the above, can you imagine the filth that would show?!
          <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
          Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
          http://folding.stanford.edu/
          Team : 49813
          Join in!!
          Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
            Not bad looking....but besides the above, can you imagine the filth that would show?!
            ^This, they look good when new but are a giant pain to keep clean and will show every smudge and spec of dust. Of course there are the potential EMI issues stj mentioned, and since it is tempered glass it can be very fragile if you hit/bump it "wrong" (on an edge).

Comment

Working...
            X