Ram for MSI MS-7135?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ram for MSI MS-7135?

I finally found my Hakko 936, so I replaced three vented KZG 3300 caps and the board works.

I tried various ram, but only the slot nearest the CPU would work. If i put a stick in the second slot, no boot. The board is reading a 1GB stick in slot#1 as 524MB. I checked a memory supplier and it says chips should be 128MX4 and the chips are "single stacked". So am I using the wrong ram or is the board defective. Can anyone give me recommendations for RAM for this board MS-7135 v2.0?

Re: Ram for MSI MS-7135?

Originally posted by bigbeark View Post
    I finally found my Hakko 936, so I replaced three vented KZG 3300 caps and the board works.

I tried various ram, but only the slot nearest the CPU would work. If i put a stick in the second slot, no boot. The board is reading a 1GB stick in slot#1 as 524MB. I checked a memory supplier and it says chips should be 128MX4 and the chips are "single stacked". So am I using the wrong ram or is the board defective. Can anyone give me recommendations for RAM for this board MS-7135 v2.0?
    Replace all the caps near the RAM slots and try again.

Believe it or not I had a Biostar that would not POST because of bad G-Luxon LZ on the board and replacing them with some good G-Luxon SM (which are equivalent with Teapo SH general purpose caps) brought the board back to life.

Not my best example, but I still have that board to this day and it still works with a P4 2.8GHz Northwood.
    Main rig:
    Gigabyte B75M-D3H
    Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
    Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 1GB GDDR5
    16GB DDR3-1600
    Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
    FSP Bluestorm II 500W (recapped)
    120GB ADATA + 2x Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB
    Delux MG760 case

Comment

Working...
    X