X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: best cheap/free scores 1.1

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
    ^ I probably don't even want to know the story behind any of that!
    And you got it anyway, LOL.
    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by brethin View Post
      Only KZG I had bulge was in a Asus P4C800D that had a over clocked 3.4 and it was my fault for not cooling the case better.
      Your P4C800 came with KZGs? The one I got came with OSTs for the VRM (and KZE for the 12v side) while the small caps are LTEC.

Strong board though, and I guess you had a Preshott, as mine sports a Northwood HT (2.8GHz) which runs cool
      Main rig:
      Gigabyte B75M-D3H
      Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
      Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 1GB GDDR5
      16GB DDR3-1600
      Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
      FSP Bluestorm II 500W (recapped)
      120GB ADATA + 2x Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB
      Delux MG760 case

Comment

Originally posted by Dan81 View Post
        Your P4C800 came with KZGs? The one I got came with OSTs for the VRM (and KZE for the 12v side) while the small caps are LTEC.

Strong board though, and I guess you had a Preshott, as mine sports a Northwood HT (2.8GHz) which runs cool
        The A7N8X-X (made in 2004, IIRC) (The nForce2 version of X-series Asus) that I had, contained Chemi con KZGs, also Ost, by the slots, IIRC.

The A7V8X-X (made in 2003, IIRC) (The Via KT400 version of X-series Asus) that I had, contained Ost and a green Chemi con KZE.
        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium-235 View Post
          It's a character from a cartoon. There was an animation error that made her eyes, well, like they are in my avatar. Everyone found it funny so they kept it like that, made her somewhat...slow (though she makes very few appearances throughout the show). The fans eventually called her "derpy" (south park reference). Her name made it into the show but some asshat parents thought they were making fun of retarded people so they just cut her name out (although her (derpy) name still shows up in the closed caption to this day). Shes somewhat of a lovable eh, 'disabled' pony that only made her mark from animation mistake and fanart

edit: After the derpy incident, they offically named her "Muffins". Later in one of her few appearances, she officially had some connection to her name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO9JRtLYhRQ
          Given the looks of those critters/animation, is it safe to ASSume this is meant for toddlers?
          <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
          Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
          http://folding.stanford.edu/
          Team : 49813
          Join in!!
          Team Stats

Comment

Given the looks of those critters/animation, is it safe to ASSume this is meant for toddlers?
            Frankly i have no clue.... It doesn't appeal to me at all, but (sadly?) i know many to whom it does.
            Last edited by goontron; 12-20-2018, 02:42 PM.
            Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

generally...3yr-8yo girls

But the show was written very well. Cute humor and cultural references. It grew a HUGE fandom with well...adult males and females. So much so that even though pretty much every Hasbro show ends with max four seasons, this has grew to 8 seasons (ends with 9) and a box office movie (rotten tomatoes was about 47%, but individual reviews were 4/5)

What goon is referring to is bronies.
              Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
              ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Sadly..... Just stay away from that shit, it doesn't get much weirder.

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

..................................=====
                  ............................============
                  .......................==================
                  .................===========================
                  ..............=========== R.I.P. =============
                  .............= best cheap/free scores 1.1 thread =
                  .............========== 2009 - 2018 ==========
                  .............===============================

That's supposed to be a tombstone, by the way. Yea, I know, I'm terrible at text art.
                  Anyways.
                  Yesterdays free score was a 19" HannsG widescreen LCD monitor with missing bottom part of its stand. Not sure if it works yet. No bad caps, but I haven't tested it because it was wet and full of dirt/mud. Might have been stored outside too, as there is some corrosion on the metal parts inside. I'd be surprised if the screen is good, honestly. Just waiting for everything to dry before trying it.

Oh well, not like I needed any more of these anyways. But I just happened to notice it next to a trash can in a nearby neighborhood, resting on an oldschool CRT TV. Originally, I stopped to see if the CRT TV was busted open by copper scrappers, so that I could take the boards out of it. But it was intact. That's when I noticed this little LCD monitor resting on it.
                  Last edited by momaka; 12-20-2018, 11:06 PM.

Comment

look look i'm not the kind that goes to cons and does cosplay or anything like that. I know of some and even I am horrified.

the thread isn't dead, ctfo

Comment

It's a P4C800D as in Deluxe not the standard P4C800, and no it isnt a prescott it has the 3.4 Gallatin Extreme Edition overclocked to 4ghz so it's way hotter than a presscot.

When I get the time I'm going to restore it or maybe get Topcat to do it. It's the killer single socket 478 CPU system!

Comment

look look i'm not the kind that goes to cons and does cosplay or anything like that. I know of some and even I am horrified.
                        "To each his own..." Who's to say recapping PCB's is a worthwhile use of a person's time? Or, rescuing discarded kit?

A young lady, here, builds articulated wings for herself and clients. I'm amused at the level of effort that goes into some of that "stuff". And cost!

As far as "cartoons", I name all of my hosts after cartoon characters -- partly as a mnemonic aid ("George", "Jane", "Judy" and "Elroy" obviously have SOMETHING in common -- as do "Penelope", "Popeye", etc.) I can place icons of the various characters on a desktop as shortcuts to SSH/TELNET/FTP/WWW/etc. sessions hosted on each.

Unfortunately, it's getting to a point where new names (and SETS of names) are harder to come by! (three more "oddball" hosts looking for names, presently, before I can add them to my name server)

OTOH, a friend names his hosts after "paper products" (WTF??) and another names them after types of aircraft. No idea how they can extract any meaningful information from those sorts of names, though...

Comment

It's a P4C800D as in Deluxe not the standard P4C800, and no it isnt a prescott it has the 3.4 Gallatin Extreme Edition overclocked to 4ghz so it's way hotter than a presscot.

When I get the time I'm going to restore it or maybe get Topcat to do it. It's the killer single socket 478 CPU system!
                          I have a Pentium D 965EE on a Dell with a huuuge copper heatsink. No matter what I can do or how much I clean it and apply nice As5, the fans always run insane

Comment

No worries, man. Even if you were, that wouldn't be the worst thing. I've seen much weirder fetishes online (particularly on DeviantArt, where I frequently browse for all kinds of photography and CG art).

And besides, "to each his own" as Curious Gorge said above. Who am I to judge anyone?
                            The tombstone was just meant for humor.

I have a Pentium D 965EE on a Dell with a huuuge copper heatsink. No matter what I can do or how much I clean it and apply nice As5, the fans always run insane
                            Meh. It's a 130W TDP chip that peaks at 143 Watts. Nothing a 4 heat pipe copper HS + 120 mm fan can't deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Curious.George View Post
                              "To each his own..." Who's to say recapping PCB's is a worthwhile use of a person's time? Or, rescuing discarded kit?

A young lady, here, builds articulated wings for herself and clients. I'm amused at the level of effort that goes into some of that "stuff". And cost!

As far as "cartoons", I name all of my hosts after cartoon characters -- partly as a mnemonic aid ("George", "Jane", "Judy" and "Elroy" obviously have SOMETHING in common -- as do "Penelope", "Popeye", etc.) I can place icons of the various characters on a desktop as shortcuts to SSH/TELNET/FTP/WWW/etc. sessions hosted on each.

Unfortunately, it's getting to a point where new names (and SETS of names) are harder to come by! (three more "oddball" hosts looking for names, presently, before I can add them to my name server)

OTOH, a friend names his hosts after "paper products" (WTF??) and another names them after types of aircraft. No idea how they can extract any meaningful information from those sorts of names, though...

Fred, wilma, bambam?

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
                                No worries, man. Even if you were, that wouldn't be the worst thing. I've seen much weirder fetishes online (particularly on DeviantArt, where I frequently browse for all kinds of photography and CG art).

And besides, "to each his own" as Curious Gorge said above. Who am I to judge anyone?
                                The tombstone was just meant for humor.

Meh. It's a 130W TDP chip that peaks at 143 Watts. Nothing a 4 heat pipe copper HS + 120 mm fan can't deal with.
                                but it can't. I install windows xp on it, fire up firefox and the fan revs up and down constantly. Latest bios too

Comment

Fred, wilma, bambam?
                                  Already have Fred/Barney/Wilma/Betty. Saving BamBam & Pebbles for any other "similar" machines that get added to the horde.

Picking "stand-alone" names is relatively easy. It's when you try to impose some order/structure on the names so that you can look at a box (or THINK about a box) and KNOW it's name, outright, that things get hard.

And, of course, getting the proper SPELLINGS for names can be tricky! E.g., Rosey vs. Rosie? Wayback vs. WABAC?

Comment

I got 5 HDDs for free a while ago but i thought i'd post them anyways.
                                    Drives are...
                                    Seagate ST3300831SCE 300GB
                                    Seagate ST3500312CS 500GB (made June 2012)
                                    Western Digital WD800BB 80GB
                                    Maxtor D540X-4K 40GB
                                    Maxtor E-H011-02-3056 40GB (made February 2003)

I'm not sure if any of these work because the only PC i have that can test most of these drives needs both a PSU and motherboard recap. But maybe someone can tell me how good they are or if they suck at all.

(These were all salvaged out of old DVRs)
                                    I'm not a expert, I'm just doing my best.

Comment

Y'know, I was going to search a Gallatin chip at one time.

I'm pretty glad I didn't found any now that you said it.

Mine's a P4C800-E Deluxe as well. I have to say though, mine came in the worst state possible YET it managed to POST (semi warped board, bent to kingdom come NB heatsink and as I said it, a bunch of bulged LTEC caps)

I also managed to pair it with a ASUS A9550GE/TD 256MB AGP8x card (Radeon 9550 with some bizzare as hell DOS video mode) and it came out pretty sweet, with a 2.8GHz Northwood HT, 2GB of RAM and the stock Prescott cooler.

Uranium-235: Pentium D 965EE.... YIKES!

As if LGA775 Prescott chips weren't hot enough.
                                      Main rig:
                                      Gigabyte B75M-D3H
                                      Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
                                      Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 1GB GDDR5
                                      16GB DDR3-1600
                                      Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
                                      FSP Bluestorm II 500W (recapped)
                                      120GB ADATA + 2x Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB
                                      Delux MG760 case

Comment

Uranium-235: Pentium D 965EE.... YIKES!

As if LGA775 Prescott chips weren't hot enough.
                                        Yes, Pentium Ds are hot for having only 2 cores.

Warning, Q6600s are hot beasts, too, L O L But it don't show that much until you OC, but possible, even with a stock-VCore-core-OC, possibly even at just a measly 2.9 Ghz.....
                                        Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 12-21-2018, 01:16 PM.
                                        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
                                          Yes, Pentium Ds are hot for having only 2 cores.
                                          965 ee is two cores WITH hyperthreading.

Comment

Working...
                                          X