Biostar Geforce 6100-M9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Biostar Geforce 6100-M9

Well at least we know it's not the caps now. But I'm really running out of ideas too.
    I guess you can try and reset CMOS and maybe even check the battery to see if it has good voltage. I know that doesn't sound related to the problem, but let's at least narrow it down some more.
    Also, try testing the motherboard out the case. Maybe the CPU heatsink or something else is causing it to flex too much.

Comment

if it is not the caps then it is bad news coz dun do replacing mosfet. done resetting the CMOS, as for battery, i used fresh new one. the motherboard is all along out of the casing. seems like troubleshooting socket 939 success rate very low, got better luck with socket 478.

Comment

Originally posted by gobbler View Post
        Now things are getting complicated. North bridge changed to a heat sink with fan while the south bridge installed with a heat sink. Both with new thermal compound applied. Sometimes I got hung in bios boot up, sometimes during windows xp boot up screen. Even if I managed to get into windows xp screen, once I run the Prime95, I can never get beyond 12 mins. Well, once inside windows xp, the hang will either be screen freeze or screen becomes blank. Sometimes the PS/2 optical mouse does not have power.

One thing I noticed quite consistent, whenever it hang, I powered it off and tried to on again, cannot power it up. In order to power it up again, I need to set the PSU on/off switch to off setting and try again around 10-15mins later. If I leave the PSU on/off switch to on setting, I can never power it up again. I am quite puzzled by this.

Are the OST caps giving me this problem?
        I know this thread is 2 years old, but I had a similar issue with my parent's system in terms of getting it to turn on. When it was running, it was stable, but if it was turned off for any reason, it was difficult to turn on. Pressing the power button usually did nothing (sometimes it would power on, but not POST). I would usually have to switch off the PSU for about 10 seconds, then switch it back on for things to work right. The motherboard is a WinFast NF4UK8AA socket 939 board. Turns out, all of the big caps on the 3.3v and 5v rail in the PSU were bad. The 470uf cap for the 5vsb was bad too. Those caps were "JEE". After replacing the caps, everything works fine.

If the entire computer was given to you with this mobo installed, maybe the PSU could be at fault... badcaps?
        Cube Computer Company - Fulfilling Dreams... One Computer at a Time.

Link to CubeComputerChannel on YouTube:
        http://www.youtube.com/user/CubeComputerChannel

Comment

If it has nothing to do with the capacitors, then the 6100 chip may need to be reflowed.
          Cube Computer Company - Fulfilling Dreams... One Computer at a Time.

Link to CubeComputerChannel on YouTube:
          http://www.youtube.com/user/CubeComputerChannel

Comment

Working...
          X