Asrock 939Dual-SATA2 - MCZ or HZ ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asrock 939Dual-SATA2 - MCZ or HZ ?

I need to do some replacements on this mobotherboard. CE23, 3300uF, 6.3v UCC KZG is bulging on mine. I see re-capping for this mobo discussed elsewhere; https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...20&postcount=3

amartools replaced his KZGs with Rubycon MBZ.
    Originally posted by amartolos View Post
    UCC KZG 3300V/6.3V, positions 21,22,24,25,26,27 - replaced with Rubycon MBZ
    I was able to locate 10x25mm (discontinued) Rubycon MCZ (633300MCZ) on CapKing, it is spec'd at .009 ohm, 3230 mA (a bit better than MBZ). 10x25 Nichicon HZ (UHZ0J332MPM) is available from Mouser and is spec'd at .0065, 4690. Both beat KZG (.012, 2800)

Any reason not to go with HZ here ?
    Attached Files

Re: Asrock 939Dual-SATA2 - MCZ or HZ ?

Originally posted by e-hackdotcom View Post
    Any reason not to go with HZ here ?
    Possibly. See PCBONEZ talk about caps

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...30&postcount=7
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Re: Asrock 939Dual-SATA2 - MCZ or HZ ?

Thanks rcaps, I did view that post. I need 10mm diameter here, wider footprint won't fit (see pic). The HZ cap was the best spec I could find for a 3300uF 6.3v 10x25mm. MBZ, MCZ,and HZ in this size are all rated at 2000 hrs (so is KZG); I could not find anything with better specs in a 10 mm can. Based on specs alone, it seems I should go with Nichicon HZ. Feedback on comparative reliability is what I am searching for here; many on this site seem to prefer Rubycon.

Comment

Working...
      X