Soltek SL-KT600-RL with burned Main Power conenctor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soltek SL-KT600-RL with burned Main Power conenctor

Got this board with 3 burned pins on one side of Main Power (ATX) conenctor. I succeeded in changing it but the furthest I got is it beeps when I remove memory, otherwise POST card stops at D6D5.

All voltages (memory, AGP, CPU) seem to be OK. On thing is, if I use Athlon instead of Duron, it keeps restarting itself, but it may be due to the CPU Protect jumper set to enable. The true is there is only 9-10 ohms between caps electrodes on processor VRM output. But still voltage with Duron is quite normal (1,75 V on near unused cap spot, 1,68 V on one of the caps itself). On the other hand, all the VRM caps are Chemi-Con KZG so they can be really bad inside. Not mentioning other caps are not better - OST. So whaddya think, is it worth trying to recap?

Just a note, I guess this is what caused Solteks bankrupt, when they finally jumped on Japanese caps, they picked up NCC KZG
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!
Working...
X