Panasonic Plasma TC-P50GT30 7 blinks SC board shorted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic Plasma TC-P50GT30 7 blinks SC board shorted

Replacing three RJP30H2A and three 30F131 seems to have done the trick for me. I've also refreshed the leayer of (leaded) solder from both sides of the board under the screws and tightened them properly. Most of the screws on all the boards were not tightened really firmly, if that happenes so often, that makes me wonder whether them Panasonic engineers are idiots (don't think so when they managed to make the rest of the TV), or it was deliberate.
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
      Replacing three RJP30H2A and three 30F131 seems to have done the trick for me. I've also refreshed the leayer of (leaded) solder from both sides of the board under the screws and tightened them properly. Most of the screws on all the boards were not tightened really firmly, if that happenes so often, that makes me wonder whether them Panasonic engineers are idiots (don't think so when they managed to make the rest of the TV), or it was deliberate.
      The OEM screws get loose over time so you should get locking screws instead:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-x...-screw-kit.htm

Probably a cost cutting measure to use the cheaper non locking screws or not hiring good QA people at Mexican plant. Blame the accountants/executives lol

Comment

Excuse me, but that does look like BS. I've had way too many ordinary desktop displays in my hands, and no matter what type of screws it had, I never found any so loose as most of them here. Why this TV should be any different and the problem should be in the screws themselves?
        Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

Your desktop displays are not mounted against a back of a plasma display panel that is of self emmissive technology. Couple that with the fact that the sustain boards undergo a tremendous heating and cooling cycle, Against another sheet of metal that also goes under heating and cooling cycles at infrequent times, So yes the screws no matter what you put in there will back off eventually. No amount of thread locking compound is going to fix that problem.

When they build an engine for a car that uses a cast iron block and aluminum heads the bolts at hold the head down no matter what eventually loosen up and blow a head gasket. This is due to Infrequent and inefficient heat cycles between the block and the head because the head being made of aluminum gets hotter much faster than a block does. Similar situation
          Last edited by freakaftr8; 03-14-2018, 01:34 PM.
          Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Have you noticed this thing actually has fans? FOUR of them? Plus the metal frame is the most massive one I have ever seen. No wonder the thing is heavy like hell! How can that actually undergo any mechanical changes? Besides, ALL of the screws of all boards were so screwed. That's clearly from the factory as it is definitelly not stressed equally on every place.

Comment

If you ever put your hand on the back the plasma display panel after it's been on for a while, you will notice the massive amount of heat being generated off the back of the panel. This causes undue thermal stress to the screws that are holding the boards on. Also expands and contracts the lugs that the screws are screwed into. Fans installed or not..

What Panasonic should have done, Along with other manufactures would be to have each floating ground tied together in some way so if one lost connection the other one would make up for the lost connection. That essentially would save a lot of boards from ill certain doom.
              Last edited by freakaftr8; 03-14-2018, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                If you ever put your hand on the back the plasma display panel after it's been on for a while, you will notice the massive amount of heat being generated off the back of the panel. This causes undue thermal stress to the screws that are holding the boards on. Also expands and contracts the lugs that the screws are screwed into. Fans installed or not..

What Panasonic should have done, Along with other manufactures would be to have each floating ground tied together in some way so if one lost connection the other one would make up for the lost connection. That essentially would save a lot of boards from ill certain doom.
                Im glad that they didnt! Thanks to this problem i sold many plasmas haha.
                Where did you get the 30F131? Thought there were only fakes?
                I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Of ali, seems almost like they've been reused, from the appearance.

Comment

Then you are lucky because most of them are fakes.
                    I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Originally posted by Moreno83 View Post
                      Im glad that they didnt! Thanks to this problem i sold many plasmas haha.
                      I know right! Then I wouldn't have 5 Panasonic plasmas stacked up in my house waiting on repairs if I want to do them or not or just part them out because I don't think I'll sell them for a profit.
                      Last edited by freakaftr8; 03-15-2018, 10:49 AM.

Comment

There is a big demand here for Panasonic plasma's. Strange "nobody" in the USA likes plasma's anymore?

They all go for the cheap wallmart tv's?

Comment

Similar here, those who had that usually want another one.

Comment

Hi

I get my IGBT devices direct from Panasonic - only about 80p each.
                            (p+p £3.50 per order)

Regards

Mike

Comment

Hi

I also get the screws from Farnell - 249-4525 (approx. 6.5p per screw if ordering 100+)

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Hello, I am hoping this would be a good thread to get some help with my Panasonic Viera TC-P55ST50 television that gave me the 7 blink code yesterday.

I took the back panel off, and tested the resistance on the connector pins of the SU and SD board following this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oX8hMcXjWg

And found that the SD board had multiple pins shorted out on two connectors. I ordered a new SD board (part # TXNSD1REUU), but I want to check if the SC board is bad as well. I tried to find a service or troubleshooting manual that may go over this process but was not successful. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to do a resistance test to see if I should replace the SC board as well?

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by bantambourg View Post
                                  Hello, I am hoping this would be a good thread to get some help with my Panasonic Viera TC-P55ST50 television that gave me the 7 blink code yesterday.

I took the back panel off, and tested the resistance on the connector pins of the SU and SD board following this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oX8hMcXjWg

And found that the SD board had multiple pins shorted out on two connectors. I ordered a new SD board (part # TXNSD1REUU), but I want to check if the SC board is bad as well. I tried to find a service or troubleshooting manual that may go over this process but was not successful. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to do a resistance test to see if I should replace the SC board as well?

Thank you!
                                  Just measure the fets near the buffer boards. They are in the same area as DAF30. ( top side of the sc board ).
                                  You probably only have a shorted buffer board.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair E View Post
                                    The driver chips and transistors will also have shorted--Killing the new parts.

I use a 100W inky bulb, 240V in series with the Vs supply in an attempt to prevent failure of the new parts when checking for failed driver chips and transistors...
                                    I was wondering whether a 300w limiter on the mains input would help to protect Vsus shorts (on the 42" sets it seems to blow the P board FETs and slow-blow fuse when the SC IGBT's go)... but then found your tip here, which sounds more promising. Guess you have to cut a Vsus lead and fix afterwards?
                                    Do the sets work normally with that small voltage drop, if no shorts?

Comment

Did u ever fix this problem cuz i have exact same issue?

Comment

Originally posted by mlite3939 View Post
                                        I need help also on my P50S30..replaced sc board..got full picture and sound but ribbon cables were not making good contact with su/sd boards on a couple connectors..tried to reseat one and set shut off and went to 7 blinks.. now have su/sd isolated, jumper on sc50 and i get sound and set lights up..once i connect either buffer, 7 blinks...freshman here so please be gentle
                                        Did u ever fix this cuz i have exact same issue. Done isolation test and sc board is good.

Comment

Working...
                                        X