Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with KB6012 programming

Friends,

I have a problem with programming KB9012QF on Acer Aspire E1-530 V5WE2 La-9532p motherboard.
    I'm using SAS Vertyanov programmer, so far so good on ITE chips, but as I need read and write on that MB, I get failure message, see on picture.

As you can see, I have connection with KBC, but no succes with reading.

All connections seems to be good, MB is powered up, GND attached.

Anybody can help?
    Attached Files

Re: Problem with KB6012 programming

Same problem i'm facing on Acer La-7912 with svod programmer. I used Rt809f for ene in this particular case.

Comment

Some time kb9012 itself is kaput in this case.
      I have programmed couple of kb9012 without any issues if I need to program but I attach cables directly to kb9012.

Comment

Check connections again. How long leads?
        MB powered up - what exactly do you mean by that?
        Check if 3.3v stable all the time.
        Did you replace the kb9012 or why do you think it needs reprogramming?

Comment

Originally posted by dspok View Post
          Some time kb9012 itself is kaput in this case.
          I have programmed couple of kb9012 without any issues if I need to program but I attach cables directly to kb9012.
          I too have programmed(with svod) many many kb9012 kbc across all major brands but somehow was unable to program it on La-7912p rev 2.0. Kbc was ok as it programmed perfectly with rt809f. Still wondering why

Comment

hİ dEAR
            USE SOLDERİNG WİRE CABLO
            TEST OK
            Last edited by vedoza; 05-21-2018, 10:09 AM.

Comment

On some mainboards KB9012 cannot be programmed in-circuit. I have encountered it myself on DELL VAW00 (Inspiron 3525) board. Removed KB9012 and soldered onto another mainboard and i could program it there.
              Originally posted by PeteS in CA
              Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
              A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
                On some mainboards KB9012 cannot be programmed in-circuit. I have encountered it myself on DELL VAW00 (Inspiron 3525) board. Removed KB9012 and soldered onto another mainboard and i could program it there.
                Learnt something new. never thought about it. that might be the reason for kb9012 refuses to program in couple of mobo's.

Comment

It is likely due to other components being attached to the pins that also double as the data bus for programming. Since KB9012 does not have a dedicated programming port, the pins are multi function, depending on the board schematic and layout.

The other components attached to those pins for the function it normally serves in the mainboard may sometimes steal enough current from the programmer that it does not read or write the flash memory properly.
                  Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                  Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                  A working TV? How boring!

Comment

got it. thanks for the explanation.

Comment

Working...
                    X