Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic Plasma fault

Hi All
    Ive got A th-p50vt30z plasma was going perfect till it got the 7 blinks of death
    so i replaced the faulty suspected transistors with some cheap ebay ones
    tv went for a few hours the Pop blew up again.. after seeking advise was pointed to a reputable source so got more transistors and replaced those
    now tv turns on to a solid green light ,displays some garbled writing for a split second and stays a black screen
    still faulty board or had something else got damaged in the process?

link to video.. sorry if its a bit dark
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys6T...ature=youtu.be

Re: Panasonic Plasma fault

Make sure all screws are in and check wire and ribbon connections.

Comment

You still have a faulty board because you used cheap ( fake! ) parts from ebay. They indeed work sometimes ( for a few mins ) and go out with a bang and damage the board even more.

I had the same problem , never fixed the board....
      I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Originally posted by Moreno83 View Post
        You still have a faulty board because you used cheap ( fake! ) parts from ebay. They indeed work sometimes ( for a few mins ) and go out with a bang and damage the board even more.

I had the same problem , never fixed the board....
        nah replaced the cheap parts with good ones..still no go..

Comment

Originally posted by tvtimmy View Post
          Make sure all screws are in and check wire and ribbon connections.
          yep done that several time to make sure.. still same problem

Comment

The cheap parts that blew up did more damage to the board. I cant find that model number here in the USA to look at a pic of your board.

Comment

Originally posted by tvtimmy View Post
              The cheap parts that blew up did more damage to the board. I cant find that model number here in the USA to look at a pic of your board.
              hers a pic
              Attached Files

Comment

any idea what the voltage should be at sc2?

Comment

Originally posted by boomtheroom View Post
                  nah replaced the cheap parts with good ones..still no go..
                  Yup but you used fake parts on the board which resulted in more damage to the board. I see you used the FGD4536TM to replace the bad parts.
                  The problem with bad parts is that they cant handle the load and literally blow up and take out other parts in the same trace.

In europe the voltage should be around 215V on the prong connector.

There are more parts defective on the board , could be a resistor but you need to measure every single part......
                  Could you check for shorts on the SS board?
                  I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

I had a short private chat with @boomtheroom before he started this topic and I tried to help him since he had the same problem as me: bought a kit, worked for some time and blew up again.
                    I suggested the replacement with FGD's from monitor09 and he did that.

I support @Morenos83's advice to re-check everything on the board(s). It is very possible that you have some resistor or capacitor out of spec and it messes with the end result.
                    Also, don't forget to clean the screws, screw pads and TV chassis contact points as leaving any of them scorched will get you into trouble again, fast.

Comment

Originally posted by WildPuppy View Post
                      I had a short private chat with @boomtheroom before he started this topic and I tried to help him since he had the same problem as me: bought a kit, worked for some time and blew up again.
                      I suggested the replacement with FGD's from monitor09 and he did that.

I support @Morenos83's advice to re-check everything on the board(s). It is very possible that you have some resistor or capacitor out of spec and it messes with the end result.
                      Also, don't forget to clean the screws, screw pads and TV chassis contact points as leaving any of them scorched will get you into trouble again, fast.
                      will do.. all the other boards seem to be ok ... no shorts. getting the power they should no bulging caps.. so will revisit the sc board

Comment

That's the way to go. It would help you a lot if you find the proper schematic for your TV or board and check the values of the resistors against the schematic values.
                        Check all diodes and transistors, including those smaller ones that are not "power parts".

Comment

Took the board out retested resistors, diodes ,transistors.. couldn't find anything so put back in and turned on .. now getting 6 red flashes?????

Comment

found a short on one of the white plugs that connects to the lower buffer board bit of stray solder was shorting 2 pins..removed that reconnected now i get this!!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

anyone ever seen that before?

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH0O...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Just found a couple of cracked ics r5207a and c08n25 the first tests ok still but the latter is open on all legs..are there any good or better chips to replace these bot with?
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Dont know , you probably need the original ones.

I also ordered the fgd4536tm from monitor09 but mine look different from the originals....im afraid to use them.
                                    Do you have a picture of your FGD4536TM? A non soldered one...

Comment

You will need to use the original parts for replacement. Moreno, I told you to buy the fgd4536 from "the guy". I have never had a problem with any of them. I have a 55" up on my buddies wall, at his tavern, that is running 14 hours a day on max brightness. I can send you a pic of mine to compare to yours if you need.

Comment

Yes Timmy please do so. I ordered the same and mine look completely different then the ones i had before....

Comment

Working...
                                        X