The old IC appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The old IC appreciation thread

Thank you, I got these drivers only, no PCB to be able to do any reverse engineering unfortunately. I was thinking to use them, but it is risky because I have only 6 and eBay is selling those as "collectibles" for crazy money. :-)

Comment

I'm not sure how "rare" these really are plus don't know how often they fail. Not to mention the fact there are other ways to drive NIXIEs, so I wonder how much they really are worth... heck if people are really buying them for that much, I should sell mine too...

Comment

Thank you all for helping out. It seems to me that using these F996079 I have (6 in total) is not worth it because if I lose one I am stuck with trying to buy one from eBay for the stellar prices associated with "collectible" items!
        Many thanks to all of you again, love this site already!

Comment

Yes, you are right, the only reason I wanted to use those it was because I have them, no other reason. I also have the new drivers, K155, but it looked interesting to me to try to use some "very old" drivers. And I will probably do it as a breadboard experiment.

Comment

I found more of these "treasures" in an old box I got from a friend who decided that it is not worth the time to find the info about old ICs! For me, it is different, I like these oldies and would love to be able to use some for some home made experiments! I have attached a couple of pictures with this lot of "old" ICs. If anyone has some handy information about those please let me know.
            Attached Files

Comment

wow look at the amount of gold they used in those days,when things were made to last...nice to see!

Comment

Originally posted by MariSico View Post
                I found more of these "treasures" in an old box I got from a friend who decided that it is not worth the time to find the info about old ICs! For me, it is different, I like these oldies and would love to be able to use some for some home made experiments! I have attached a couple of pictures with this lot of "old" ICs. If anyone has some handy information about those please let me know.
                Wow, 1969 and 1970 vintage Fairchild (decades pre-National Semi!). Lots of old Fairchild and Motorola parts. Some Signetics; a few Monolithic Memories parts (possibly PROMs).
                PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Working...
                X