attempt to repair power supply board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: attempt to repair power supply board

It seems like the power supply is working and supplying the correct voltage, but when it has a load the voltage drops. It is possible one of those caps are bad, and because they are small they won't look bad.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
      It seems like the power supply is working and supplying the correct voltage, but when it has a load the voltage drops. It is possible one of those caps are bad, and because they are small they won't look bad.
      i completely understand what u r saying and i will get them changed out asap and let you know

Comment

i ordered new caps and ill let you know when they come in

Comment

So the remaining 3 caps came in the mail today. i installed them and we now have power. power light comes on blue when i press the pwr button. it remains on untill i press it again (just as it should). I see the backlights come on but nothing on the display. i tried it with and without a video cable plugged in and no difference. i know when this monitor (working as it should) is powered on, if i press the menu button the OSD menu should show up on the display. unfortunately it DOES NOT. when i had the vga cable plugged into my laptop and i powered on the monitor, the laptop detects it as HP F2105, which is correct. but still nothing on the display. Any Ideas?

Just fyi, i have to go to sleep now, i work graveyard shift and i just got home about 2 hrs ago. ill check back here around 4pm hopefully, if not ill check back at sometime aftrer 8pm. thanx in advance for any assistance im excited for making progress with this thing.
          Last edited by ryn0909; 02-06-2018, 12:21 PM.

Comment

**********Problem Found***********

I found the problem and its located on the LOGIC BOARD. Attached are some pics of the problem component. Basically, it needs a new LOGIC BOARD GGRRRrrrr
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ryn0909 View Post
              **********Problem Found***********

I found the problem and its located on the LOGIC BOARD. Attached are some pics of the problem component. Basically, it needs a new LOGIC BOARD GGRRRrrrr
              How did you identify that that chip is the problem? That chip is on the mainboard, but are you sure the Tcon board works? Did you check the fuse on the Tcon board?

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...8&d=1518022554
                The chip is blown, you can see the bulging at 0623F marking.
                Never stop learning
                Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

WELL, IM BAAAAAAACK. and so i ended up finding a used logic main board on ebay for $15
                  i installed it and i get blue power light on when pressed. the backlights come on but still nothing on the screen. I plugged in a vga cable to my laptop, the laptop identifies the external monitor as the correct model (HP F2105). if i use the FN key on my laptop to switch to external display, the monitor screen will flash once as if its receiving the video signal but still NADA on the screen. i know there is nothing wrong with the lcd screen itself because the monitor worked just fine using the power supply board from my other f2105

Comment

Originally posted by rddube View Post
                    How did you identify that that chip is the problem? That chip is on the mainboard, but are you sure the Tcon board works? Did you check the fuse on the Tcon board?
                    i found the tcon board and found the smd type fuse and the fuse is good
                    Last edited by ryn0909; 02-27-2018, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Follow the lvds cable. You probably have an integrated t-con. It'll be under a metal cover at the top of the panel. You'll have a fuse just past where the lvds cable attaches.

Comment

Originally posted by will62 View Post
                        Follow the lvds cable. You probably have an integrated t-con. It'll be under a metal cover at the top of the panel. You'll have a fuse just past where the lvds cable attaches.
                        thank you, found the fuse and it is good

Comment

Working...
                        X