NEC1560 Failed Rubycon & Elite on Power & Backlight boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEC1560 Failed Rubycon & Elite on Power & Backlight boards

Just repaired a 15" NEC Multisync LCD1560V+ [BK] Rev. 1E Model NL2501. The image could be seen with a flashlight, so I knew the backlight "system" had a problem. I then open the case with the magic tools: old credit card to pop the case open, and digital camera to take pictures 'before' to help with re-assembly. Inside are 3 boards: Processing, Power [JB000813 Express E157925; input 120-240VAC] and Backlight [AMBIT T301001.00 JM100021]; see picture "NEC15603B" for all the boards.
    On the backlight board, capacitor C5 [RUBYCON 25VDC 220micF 105DegC] was bulging and oozing at the bottom: see picture "NEC1560BCK".The failed capacitor had taken out the board fuse F1 [Surface mount tiny 2.3A] next to C5; on the picture, the fuse is hidden by the wires going to the power/signal connector. After replacing both cap [by a Sprague 330micF 25VDC I had around] and fuse [using a leaded 2A fuse I also had around], the screen was OK.
    On further inspection, I noticed that Cap C932 [Elite 25VDC 220micF 105DegC] on the power board was also bulged, even though the 12VDC supply to the Backlight board was OK: see picture "NEC1560PWR". I also replaced this cap by another Sprague 330micF 25VDC I had around.
    Hope this helps.
    Attached Files

Re: NEC1560 Failed Rubycon & Elite on Power & Backlight boards

Very big thanks to vince88. I have nec1501, solved same my problem with replace two caps.

Comment

Originally posted by vince88 View Post
      Just repaired a 15" NEC Multisync LCD1560V+ [BK] Rev. 1E Model NL2501. The image could be seen with a flashlight, so I knew the backlight "system" had a problem. I then open the case with the magic tools: old credit card to pop the case open, and digital camera to take pictures 'before' to help with re-assembly. Inside are 3 boards: Processing, Power [JB000813 Express E157925; input 120-240VAC] and Backlight [AMBIT T301001.00 JM100021]; see picture "NEC15603B" for all the boards.
      On the backlight board, capacitor C5 [RUBYCON 25VDC 220micF 105DegC] was bulging and oozing at the bottom: see picture "NEC1560BCK".The failed capacitor had taken out the board fuse F1 [Surface mount tiny 2.3A] next to C5; on the picture, the fuse is hidden by the wires going to the power/signal connector. After replacing both cap [by a Sprague 330micF 25VDC I had around] and fuse [using a leaded 2A fuse I also had around], the screen was OK.
      On further inspection, I noticed that Cap C932 [Elite 25VDC 220micF 105DegC] on the power board was also bulged, even though the 12VDC supply to the Backlight board was OK: see picture "NEC1560PWR". I also replaced this cap by another Sprague 330micF 25VDC I had around.
      Hope this helps.
      I have found a few failed Rubycon MCZ caps before, and a web search indicates that other MCZ caps have been found to be bad.

-Ben
      Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Originally posted by vince88 View Post
        Hope this helps.
        Hello vince88,
        I have the same Problem with fuse F1 on two NEC-Monitors LCD1560NX.
        Your post is a long while ago, but maybe you can tell me, from where you've got the information, that the Fuse F1 is a 2.3A fuse.

Comment

i have different problem. i opened my monitor which is the same model as u described but in my case when i powered up my monitor its shows dim light image and get off screen afterwards. i never found an defected capacitors but got some heat from T301001.00 Ambit ... device writen on 22.0628.39.0246... on back side....and attaching image the black smock came or semmes to be defected...plz guid me...im just a beginner.....
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ezziifeel View Post
            i have different problem. i opened my monitor which is the same model as u described but in my case when i powered up my monitor its shows dim light image and get off screen afterwards. i never found an defected capacitors but got some heat from T301001.00 Ambit ... device writen on 22.0628.39.0246... on back side....and attaching image the black smock came or semmes to be defected...plz guid me...im just a beginner.....
            Ok. If I understand you correctly there was black smoke coming from the inverter transformer. I could not locate that part. But I did locate the inverter board. The number is -->> T30I001.00 <<-- That's an "I" not a "1" in the middle. I found one place that has it in stock, and ships to Pakistan. This might be your best bet.
            http://www.pchub.com/uph/laptop/628-...-Inverter.html

Comment

Working...
            X