No announcement yet.

ACER AL2017.....not working...Led comes on....with-flashlight can see image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ACER AL2017.....not working...Led comes on....with-flashlight can see image

This should be a PNP Pre-Biased transistor. Terminal one should be the base, terminal two should be collector and terminal three should be the emitter. There should be two 10K internal resistors used to bias the transistor and it probably will be open.

Comment

Label the leads - lower left '1', top center '2', lower right '3' (see enclosed pic for how i labeled leads).

Measure resistance(Red lead/Blacklead)
      Red-Black: Black-Red:
      1-2: open 3Megohm
      1-3: 21.9Kohm 21.9kohm
      2-3 : 3Megohm 30Megohm

Diode-test: Black lead goes to the first terminal, red lead to the second.
      1 2:2.1V (no beep)
      1 3:2.1V (no beep)
      2 3:infinite (no beep)
      2 1:infinite (no beep)
      3 1:2.4V (no beep)
      3 2:1.1V (no beep)

Also, frankNstein could you post a link to a data sheet? Or list a part number so that i could look up a data sheet.

Thanks.
      Attached Files

Comment

I think you have an older board than I do but it looks like yours is using a DTA114GUA transistor. Also check diode ZD200 for shorts. This board is using Q200,Q202 and Q207 to supply power to pin 10 1nd 6 of U200. I haven't ordered parts for my board yet but I think that replacing Q200 will get things running unless U200 is bad. Good luck and let me know how things are going.

Comment

what is the revision number of your board? Just curious.

Also, what measurments do you have for your Q200? How do you know its bad?

Comment

Bill,

How long should i leave the light bulb "on" to try and find the short? Any suggestion? Is 1min too long?

Comment

Originally posted by Welchs101
              Bill,

How long should i leave the light bulb "on" to try and find the short? Any suggestion? Is 1min too long?
              You should be safe for several minutes. Note the information from frankNstein. It would be a good idea to check the additional components he indicates may be bad. Obviously, he has much more experience with this board than I do.

PlainBill
              For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

No problem.

ZD200: Ok, diode voltage is ~ 0.7V

Below are measurements for Q200:
                Label the leads - lower left '1', top center '2', lower right '3'

Measure resistance:
                Red-Black: Black-Red:
                1-2: 0.4Megohm 0.4Megohm
                1-3: 150Kohm 150kohm
                2-3 : 174kohm 290kohm

1 2: infinite (no beep)
                1 3: infinite (no beep)
                2 3: 0.57V (beep yes)
                2 1: infinite (no beep)
                3 1: infinite (no beep)
                3 2: infinite (no beep)

Comment

Below are measurements for Q207:
                  Label the leads - lower left '1', top center '2', lower right '3'

Measure resistance:
                  ------------Red-Black: -------------Black-Red:
                  1-2: --------3Megohm---------------26Megohm
                  1-3: -------5.8Megohm ------------6.1Megohm
                  2-3 : ------5.9Megohm -----------(-2.4Megohm)

1 2: 2.3797V(no beep)
                  1 3: infinite (no beep)
                  2 3: infinite (no beep)
                  2 1: 0.61V (yes beep)
                  3 1: 0.63V (yes beep)
                  3 2: 2.2V (no beep)

Comment

Do any of those i measured look bad?

I think Q200 and Q202 looked bad.......is this right? Do you think they are bad enough to cause the fuse to keep blowing?

What about Q207.........is this one ok?

Comment

Q200 is a fet and is probably good. Q202 is probably bad. If Q207 shorted the backlight would run all the time. Q207 is a NPN transistor #MMBT4401LT1.Hope this helps. If I can do anything to help you let me know.

Comment

Thanks!

Do you know a similar part number for the Q200 device?

Do you think replacing Q202 would fix my fuse shorting issue?

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

hi,

frankNstein you mentioned that for part Q202 i should replace this with the following: DTA114GUA

This only has a single resistor of 10Kohms.

Using your initial suggestion i was able to find this part on digikey

http://mouser.com/search/ProductDeta...hH8Lz1DA%3d%3d

would this be a suitable replacement for the Q202 transistor?

Comment

I haven't found a replacement for Q200 yet but chances are that it is good. I am not sure but I think that replacing Q202 and the fuse will fix the board. There is no direct short on the 15 volt line. I think the reason the fuse is going bad has something to do with Q202 being bad or U22 could be bad. I am going to replace Q202 and the fuse on my board and go from there. The inverter can never work when Q202 is open. If you would like to see if it works, I am going to order my parts sometime next weak and I will be glad to let you know if it works.

Comment

I just ordered the parts for my board.

Comment

Originally posted by Welchs101
                                Do any of those i measured look bad?

I think Q200 and Q202 looked bad.......is this right? Do you think they are bad enough to cause the fuse to keep blowing?

What about Q207.........is this one ok?
                                The first two transistors are definitely bad, the third tests good. As far as being responsible for blowing the fuse, I don't know how the circuit is designed. If they could cause both drivers to be on at the same time, yes, that would certainly do it.

PlainBill
                                For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Q200 is a FET so I think it is good. The way the circuit is designed, if it shorts all it will do is make the inverter run all the time and if it is open the inverter will not turn on at all. You can measure the resistance from the 15 volt supply to ground to check for a short but I think it has something to do with Q202 being open.

Comment

Originally posted by frankNstein
                                    Q200 is a FET so I think it is good. The way the circuit is designed, if it shorts all it will do is make the inverter run all the time and if it is open the inverter will not turn on at all. You can measure the resistance from the 15 volt supply to ground to check for a short but I think it has something to do with Q202 being open.
                                    That sounds correct if Q200 is a FET. I was thinking it was a bipolar transistor.

PlainBill

Comment

frankNstein

Yes, let me know once you put the part in how things go.

What parts did you order exactly?

I know you said you did not find a replacement for part Q200......i did a little digging and found this ....see enclosure.......do you think this would be a good replacement for Q200 if it needs replacing...see enclosed pdf file.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

As for Q200, No I do not think it has the diode across the Drain and Source so I don't think it will work, I think it is just for protection but I don't think it will work. I think you will find that it is good anyway. Please let me know the revision number of your board because it must be different than mine. Q202 on my board is a DDTA114 but on your board looks like a K14 or DTA114GUA which has only one resistor. This must have been part of the revision. I think I saw that Mosuser had it listed but on backorder. You should be able to google the part and get the data sheet but I can send it to you if you like. I am on the Linux computer now but I will see if I can scan it in and send it to you. Good luck.

Comment

The board revision for this ACER AL2017 is

DAC-19M005 CF
                                          REV: 00A

I have also enclosed a pic of the top and bottom.

Can you also submit a pic of your board for comparison.

Sorry the K72 part was not applicable.

Also, why do you think my Q202 has only the single resistor? The reason i ask is that if you look at the resistance measurements i measured ~ 21Kohm between what i was calling pin1 and pin3. Because i measured ~20Kohm i was thinking i had the "two" resistors not just the one.

Also, the Q202 marking is "14".....its hard to see from the pic but if you want i can take a better one if it would help.

I wanted to ask your opinion on another device...... labeled Q204.......do you know what this device is?

Thanks again.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X