Dell ST2410b Backlight Shuts Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell ST2410b Backlight Shuts Off

I'm ashamed of the desoldering to be honest. I'll manage a shot and upload it.

Comment

Sorry guys, work, life etc getting in the way...

Anyhow, even though the soldering looks bad (with the board being browned and all) I think it might not be my current problem after all. It seems like somewhere between me ordering the inverter IC and soldering it on, the LCD (LVDS?) ribbon cable has ripped. Which would probably explain the symptoms I am getting for the time being.

Now need to find and order that!
      Attached Files

Comment

Does anyone have any ideas on where I might be able get the ribbon cable I posted just before?

Label: P-TWO AWM 20696 E221612-S 80C 30V VW-1

It's 30 lines/"pins"

Thanks

Comment

Hi guys,

I'll hope someone still reads this, but I have a Dell ST2410b, and have the same problem as PohTayToez.

If I connect the monitor to my PC, the backlight shuts down after 1-2 seconds. I haven't measured the capacitors yet(multimeter can't measure capacitance), but they are not visiully broken or shorted(Diode mode test).

The mosfets seem fine, the resistors between the pins are >1k ohm.

I also tested the fuse(0.5 Ohm), so this one also works properly.

So what is next?
          -Should I measure the BL_on signal, as is done in the upper posts?
          -Or should I make a test setup to test the ccfl's? (How do I do this?)

Thanks

Comment

Hi Niek,

This symptom you have described is usually the capacitors. I believe the only proper way to measure the capacitors is with an ESR meter. Degradation on capacitors aren't necessarily visually apparent. The most common visual indicator of bad capacitors are the bulging on the tops.

Really, all other tests bypassing the capacitors in my opinion is a waste of time. First make sure the capacitors are good (or replace them). If that doesn't fix it then other avenues could be explored...

Hope that helps

Comment

Working...
            X