Troubleshooting a no display on Dell Desktop Mobo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troubleshooting a no display on Dell Desktop Mobo

I am doing this for learning purposes only. I have a Dell 3000 3847 Intel Motherboard 88DT1 MIH81R/Great Bear 13040-1M. The system will power up, fans spin power led comes on and no display. CPU and GPU get hot.

I have no schematics and here is what i found so far.

I get 5V on pin 9 and 16 on ATX connector, I have 3 Volts at the power switch. I see 1 v on the North Bridge Caps, i see 3V on the Bios pin 8. I also have 1.5 volts on the DDR3 slot. I also checked voltage around the board and see voltages. I removed the bios chip and reflashed it. Before i removed the bios chip the board would power on fans spin then shut down. So im thinking bios fixed something. I have a PCI debugger card and was thinking to solder in a PCI slot to see if that would show any codes. My guess the North Bridge is bad but i want to find out for sure. Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also a schematic would help.

Re: Troubleshooting a no display on Dell Desktop Mobo

do you have 12v going into the cpu vrm fets?
    no 12v - no joy - i powered a board up once and spent ages messing with it before i realised the 12v aux plug was not pushed in!!!

and is the cpu good?

Comment

Re: Troubleshooting a no display on Dell Desktop Mobo

Thanks for the reply, Yes i have 12V at the VRM Mosfets, Tested the CPU on another system.

Comment

Working...
      X