Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bakon BK950D

i think the contacts in the handle have a protective coating from new,

it's VERY common for people to get errors with these T12 irons out of the box, but after you pull the cartridge out a few times they work fine afterwards.

Comment

A Bakon BK950D has just arrived i thought i had cancelled my order, its come with a all plastic handle can you buy the other type handle?, i cant seem too find them online.

Comment

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/9501...871508100.html

maybe you wont get billed

Comment

hey, that quicko kit shows flux.
          did it come with it?
          if so, is it solid rosin or a cream??

Comment

Thanks for the link will order a couple always good having a spare but may need your help wiring it up as the Bakon BK950D only uses 3 wires i think, and yes a solid block of rosin flux was included and some solder its a good kit in my opinion for the price only took about 14 days to arrive.

Comment

interesting, i'v seen that flux on ali and it's dirt cheap.

as for the handle, there is no magic, the tip has 3 wires, the connector in the handle has 3 wires.

just make a note of whitch colours go where on the T13 before you desolder them - then put them in the same place on the T12

Comment

thinking about it i guess the t13 does not use that white sleep wire? i will place a order of the handle and use that one. as always good to have a spare iron in the past ive used two irons to remove smd devices and i have not tried that rosin flux but will try it on next repair i do.

Comment

bakon does not use sleep,
                  T12 and T13 are electrically the same - just different length.

for smd i use air, except for electrolytics that go bang and throw electrolyte everywhere.

for those i may order one of these:
                  https://www.reichelt.com/gb/en/TWEEZ...9/3/index.html

Comment

yes i have had one electrolytic go bang when i was changing a tv main board eeprom, i certainly wont make that mistake again nearly hit my eye and yes ive seen a post your in on eevblog about these irons im just reading that russian forum stuff about the firmware hacks etc, that link dosnt work properly home page for reichelt but i guess you mean smd tweezers?
                    Last edited by vinceroger69; 07-28-2018, 12:55 PM.

Comment

https://www.reichelt.com/gb/en/TWEEZ...&ARTICLE=90922

Comment

what firmware hacks?

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                          what firmware hacks?
                          sorry wasnt firmware hacks was schematics etc
                          https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/b...-my-opinion!!/

and yes those tweezers at that price are worth trying german made stuff is usually good in my opinion

Comment

german sold,
                            they are made by CHINA ZONGDI.
                            the same company that makes all the cheap soldering / desoldering stations you see at cpc under the "duratool" label.
                            anything begining with "ZD" in fact.

Comment

german sold,
                              they are made by CHINA ZONGDI.
                              the same company that makes all the cheap soldering / desoldering stations you see at cpc under the "duratool" label.
                              anything begining with "ZD" in fact.
                              still a good price i might order some and give them a try i guess spares are easy too get different tip sizes/elements? but at that low price can always buy another unit for spares i guess.

Comment

well see what other good stuff reichelt has, because the postage is something anoying like £6.

i have not ordered one yet for that reason, i want to spend atleast 20 to make it worth it.

Comment

btw, just ordered this (50g)
                                  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/UANM...864986454.html

gotta be worth a try at that price.
                                  the actual formula is ZJ18, this is sold by lots of company's so it's probably effective.

anyway, it has to be better than my organic flux that just got destroyed by the heat last week!!

Comment

well see what other good stuff reichelt has, because the postage is something anoying like £6.

i have not ordered one yet for that reason, i want to spend atleast 20 to make it worth it.
                                    postage £4.99 ive just tried ordering one but wont accept my address properly so i have just emailed them too add it manually then yes may add something else to order it does seem a good cheap site.

Comment

btw, just ordered this (50g)
                                      https://www.aliexpress.com/item/UANM...864986454.html

gotta be worth a try at that price.
                                      the actual formula is ZJ18, this is sold by lots of company's so it's probably effective.

anyway, it has to be better than my organic flux that just got destroyed by the heat last week!!
                                      certainly a good price update us once you had tried it the two cheap ones ive tried is the solid rosin flux kalafonia and the paste type pasta do lutowania both made by company therma pasty both seem too work well.

Comment

i have seen people use the pure rosin by crushing & melting some 50/50 with ipa in a glass bottle.

Comment

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...858580702.html[/QUOTE]

Hi i decided too use this iron yesterday as i was replacing a charger port on a tablet, i removed it with hot air then used the soldering station to replace it, its going too get some getting used too as the pins on the port was so small and close together, i decided to use the fine bent tip, it did 4 of the pins ok but struggled on the ground pin even with the iron on max, i guess its down to the ground track being larger than the rest, its also the first time its ive replaced one of these ports, any advice on which is the best tip too use remembering the space issues etc.

Comment

Working...
                                          X