• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need help finding LED backlight fuse [PICS]

might want to try and hook it up to a monitor ,,

Comment

Originally posted by gridl0ck View Post
      Sorry just been dicharged from hospital (great start to new year). Anyone was anyone able to look at the pictures and identify the jumpers it.vendor is on about? Looks like I will have to fork out for a replacement laptop
      Hi gridlock I hav exactly the same problem as you and have proven the mother board it at fault did you ever find the root of the problem and the fix I have followed your threads saying that is exactly my boards problem a pic. and location of the lcd power fuse would be grateful thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by it.vendor View Post
        place a jumper over the FET S to D (LCD power) under pin No 1 of lcd jack on main board.
        Hi can you show me a pic.or diagram of FET S to d as I am having trouble locating it could you circle the componant thanks.

Comment

Hello. i'am italian, in this image the component in the circle white is a fuse?
          Because not continuity in the component.

Comment

The motherboard is K53SD REV:2.3

Comment

Originally posted by gridl0ck View Post
              Hi, have attached some photos to this. There was a 0 component there which I tried to jump to see if it makes a difference, but no luck.
              hi just fixed mine today (x53e) after testing just about every part on the board replace the jumper or bridge it like i did good luck
              Attached Files

Comment

I am having the same issue with no backlight on my asus K54L_HDMI Rev 3.0 motherboard. So far I changed the LCD cable and the 40pin LED screen with no joy. I checked all the fuses and 0 ohm resistors which all were good. A little component looks like a diode has over 19V on one hand and no voltage on the other. I assume the diode should behave that way but other components looks the same has very little voltage variations on both joints. Can anybody please advice me what to look for in this board? I will try to add some pics now.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by skorpionct View Post
                  Hello. i'am italian, in this image the component in the circle white is a fuse?
                  Because not continuity in the component.
                  NO . That is a capacitor and it is a protection for network chip.

Comment

I called asus regarding on backlight issue on K54L Rev 3.0 motherboard. Apparantly this is not a common issue which I suspected as the problem caused by not taken the battery out when changing the black spots LCD panel. Asus would not assist the self repairs so, I am on my own with this. I wonder if I short the component in above picture where one leg has 19V and other 0V? Would the motherboard fry?

Comment

Very poor soldering dc socket in the picture get a hotter iron

Comment

Originally posted by memalt01 View Post
                        I called asus regarding on backlight issue on K54L Rev 3.0 motherboard. Apparantly this is not a common issue which I suspected as the problem caused by not taken the battery out when changing the black spots LCD panel. Asus would not assist the self repairs so, I am on my own with this. I wonder if I short the component in above picture where one leg has 19V and other 0V? Would the motherboard fry?
                        depends what component your shorting/bridging , if its any of the 0 jumpers it wont make a difference if you connect them with solider, they are used as a connection between 2 points (easier for the machine to solider?) and also can be used as cheap fuses, the fuse/jumper you are looking for are normally close to the lcd ribbon, with no power to board check for resistance on 0 jumpers if you get nothing you have found it gd luck.

Comment

Originally posted by memalt01 View Post
                          I am having the same issue with no backlight on my asus K54L_HDMI Rev 3.0 motherboard. So far I changed the LCD cable and the 40pin LED screen with no joy. I checked all the fuses and 0 ohm resistors which all were good. A little component looks like a diode has over 19V on one hand and no voltage on the other. I assume the diode should behave that way but other components looks the same has very little voltage variations on both joints. Can anybody please advice me what to look for in this board? I will try to add some pics now.
                          i may be wrong but that dont look like a diode to me, looks to me like you may have found your problem.

Comment

that`s a coil !!
                            who wanna bet?
                            PL or L marking
                            post the voltage from the connector!
                            Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

the soldering job? on the socket!
                              don`t listen to them they did not do a better job in the beginning
                              find some flux next time it will crystallize the solder
                              Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

Tanks for the reply wishmark and dj, The components on this asus x54H has no labels, completely blank. Amost all the similar components as the suspected one have very small voltage variations on their both legs. And when I measured the resistance all the components have ohm value but this one is open circuit and side of the point has over 19V while the other point has 0V. This is not a fuse or a 0 value resitor as the other fuses has P or pl symbol on it and the jumpers has 0 in the middle. It is not a inductor as there is no coil that you can see plus there is an inductor close to the LED socket in the motherboard. What to do? Shorted or take and pick similar component from another motherboard and try it but without knowing the value and the identity of this component is very hard to choose.

Comment

@memalt: The component in white circle, is one of its leg connected to ground?
                                  Last edited by budm; 02-19-2014, 04:38 PM.
                                  Never stop learning
                                  Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                  http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Hi budm, yes one of the leg is connected to the ground and the other leg measured 19V when the power was on last time. Is it good or is it bad? :-) I suspect you will go against shortening the component as the ground and the 19V may give some strong spark. That's why I was confused and didn't go head to short this but would you see any other reason for this dim display? What is that component in the picture (resistor or a diode?)
                                    Last edited by memalt01; 02-19-2014, 05:48 PM. Reason: forget to add something

Comment

Then do not jump it, you will just short out the 19V to ground. At least it is not shorted.
                                      If you can get the LCD panel number then look up the spec sheet, it will give you the pin out of the connector and will tell you which pin is for the LEDs.
                                      Pictures of the connector on the LCD panel?
                                      Never stop learning
                                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Yes budm, that would be a good way of finding the voltage levels on 40 pin motherboard connector. I have the specs for this LCD pannel

I will check it out the voltage levels but it is going to be extremely hard when I can't find the schematic or components id's for this motherboard. I was looking for open fuse or open 0 ohm resistor to fix this issue but everything seems to be ok but still no good display on the screen. I have a pic of the connector for this lcd pannel.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

maybe this schematics will help you
                                          it is not the same but the display connector is the same
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X