LG 42" Plasma TV model 42PT350R with darkish image and sparklies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 42" Plasma TV model 42PT350R with darkish image and sparklies

Hi guys. I need your assistance once again. I have this tv whose y-sus board had some shorted out igbt's. I replaced all faulty stuff and then the tv came on. I just saw a bad dark picture with sparkles.
    I wrote down all the voltages which seemed spot on.
    They are,
    Vs=201V
    Va=55V
    Vy=-200V
    Vzbias=125V
    They match what is on the panel.
    The only other thing and i took a photo of is the fact that the plasma display has a yellow tinge instead of a matt black color. I suspect that to be panel ageing.
    Why is my picture so dark and sparkly...?

Kind regards
    Angelos
    Attached Files

Re: LG 42" Plasma TV model 42PT350R with darkish image and sparklies

So sorry. I realise now i put this on the wrong thread. Ive veen using my cell phone and everything is so small i couldnt read well the heading. Shouldbi repost?

Comment

Thread moved
      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Look for loose/cold solder joints on the Z-Sus Bd.

Comment

I just want to get the terminology right. Is the zsus also called the xsus. The one with the two wide ribbons on the right?

Comment

Looking from the back, Y-sus is on the left and Z-sus is on the right, a few mfg. call it the X-sus, then there is Panasonic

Comment

I have a proper digital storage oscilloscope. What kind of a waveform can i measure to ensure proper operation. I have a x100 probe if need be?

Comment

Hi Guys, just an update. I have not had much time lately to continue with this tv but i did notice something. If the TV has been switched off for a couple of days then when you power up the TV you get the following image which progressively improves. I attached a photo for you to see. Would you still say it's the Z-Sus or X-Sus????
                Attached Files

Comment

Z-sus issue Faulty or very bad joints

Comment

Since this is a LG TV it is properly called a Z-Sus Bd.

Comment

Well about 5 minutes after taking the photo the ysus board short circuited again. Are there repair kits for these available?

Comment

It failed because you are running it for too long with a bad z-sus, this will cause extra stress on the board because of the lack of energy recovery. These cheaper TVs use a shared energy recovery circuit to reduce costs but it can make for tricky repairs.

Repair kits are availability but availability in South Africa may be the issue.

You can replace the IGBTs and gate driver ICs that have failed - UTSource is a good place to go
                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
                        X