2010-built Panasonic TC-L42U22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010-built Panasonic TC-L42U22

This is an LCD with CCFLs, unlike what a lot of folks seem to think, when they hear "Panasonic", especially before the mid-2010s.

I have a problem with image retention, I saw artifacts of a recently used PC program, LOL. (The menu, IIRC)

It retained an image at the top, of the top part of a program that I had open.

Is the panel finally taking a shit, or do I need to reseat a connector or the like?
    Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 06-15-2018, 05:12 PM.
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Re: 2010-built Panasonic TC-L42U22

I think this simply has major image retention, but unlike a plasma one, I don't know if it's even possible to get to the service menu and adjust any voltage.

It's much worse than a CRT, LOL! The Pale Moon bar is easily seen and since this morning, I see parts of the badcaps.net message board
    burned in, IIRC, LOL.
    Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 06-19-2018, 08:36 AM.
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

Comment

T-CON Bd or Panel issue. Measure the Vgl (-5V~-7V) and Vgh (20V~30V)voltages on the T-CON Bd. They may be missing or low. If these are not correct disconnect the T-CON to Panel cable/s and see if the come back up.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
        T-CON Bd or Panel issue. Measure the Vgl (-5V~-7V) and Vgh (20V~30V)voltages on the T-CON Bd. They may be missing or low. If these are not correct disconnect the T-CON to Panel cable/s and see if the come back up.
        Shit! I don't even have a multimeter, LOL. It wouldn't surprise me if I need to clean the T-con connectors with alcohol, LOL.

Should I just do a gambling mission by getting a T-con board off the internetz? (As if I were gambling with ##!#!!! plasma TV board?)
        Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 06-21-2018, 11:16 AM.
        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
          Shit! I don't even have a multimeter, LOL. It wouldn't surprise me if I need to clean the T-con connectors with alcohol, LOL.

Should I just do a gambling mission by getting a T-con board off the internetz?
          With so many posts I don't believe you Anyway you could just get another T-CON Bd. to swap. and yes give the connectors and FFCs with IPA
          Last edited by Andrew F. Ali; 06-21-2018, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
            With so many posts I don't believe you Anyway you could just get another T-CON Bd. to swap. and yes give the connectors and FFCs with IPA
            Judging by some dust I saw from the outer back, with a lot of it appearing to be on the inner side, it definitely looks like IPA time, just hope there's no Pioneer-like trap switch!

I have posted a ton, despite not getting the equipment I need to service some stuff and I wish I had a good soldering station and plenty of rosin-core solder and de-soldering braids. Then it really got ugly in 2016, because I had to move many times, I moved like it was The Oregon Trail, LOL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Or...8video_game%29
            Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 06-21-2018, 11:28 AM.
            ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
              Judging by some dust I saw from the outer back, with a lot of it appearing to be on the inner side, it definitely looks like IPA time, just hope there's no Pioneer-like trap switch!

I have posted a ton, despite not getting the equipment I need to service some stuff and I wish I had a good soldering station and plenty of rosin-core solder and de-soldering braids. Then it really got ugly in 2016, because I had to move many times, I moved like it was The Oregon Trail, LOL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Or...8video_game%29
              I understand your pain, Bro.

Comment

Working...
              X