Best place to buy LED backlight strips? HiSense, Samsung and LG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best place to buy LED backlight strips? HiSense, Samsung and LG

Would anyone care to suggest a place that sells new replacement LED strips online for a reasonable price?

I prefer to deal with US based stores but I would look at any supplier that is secure, has a good reputation and doesn't take forever to get them to a brother!

Thanks everyone
    They call me......."threadkiller"

Re: Best place to buy LED backlight strips? HiSense, Samsung and LG

I've bought strips from ebay seller meihua361000 from China. Sells both used and new. Packaged securely and epacket tracked shipping (1-4 weeks to Canada but typically under 2. Probably even quicker to the US since we have slow customs processing. Ordered some 3V LG LED replacements on Aliexpress from SONGXIN LIGHT Store. Came in 10 days.
    Last edited by neilc6; 06-14-2018, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Thanks, I will check them out. Surely there has to be other suggestions as well? How about it folks?

Comment

I replace individual LEDs that I get from Aliexpress. Bought in advance, I don't need to wait for delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
          I replace individual LEDs that I get from Aliexpress. Bought in advance, I don't need to wait for delivery.
          That's cool, but how do you know which LED's to buy/use, there has to be a bunch of different ones out there? Can you tell by looking or is there a number on them somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by DXseekerMO View Post
            That's cool, but how do you know which LED's to buy/use, there has to be a bunch of different ones out there? Can you tell by looking or is there a number on them somewhere?
            They are identified by their dimensions in mm. No part numbers, just trial and error with buying different ones and see which match the best.

I also bought one of these to start my LED collection https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1W-0...814758317.html

I've also purchased 50/100 pieces of others again from Aliexpress.
            I use a microscope and a spectrometer to compare styles and the colour they output from the originals. Some are identical in style and colour others similar.

Comment

Hello,
              may I ask you guys, which ones do you keep at hand at all times?
              I mean, if I would like to get the most common ones, which ones should be in my drawer?
              Any suggestion on this?
              Cheers, Janos

Comment

Working...
              X