Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV LG 55UF6450 -- OSD ok -- AUDIO ok --- BUT NO VIDEO ON ANY INPUT-- ANY IDEAS ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV LG 55UF6450 -- OSD ok -- AUDIO ok --- BUT NO VIDEO ON ANY INPUT-- ANY IDEAS ?

Hi guys, got this LG (Ultra High Def) with the issue mentioned in the subject. The menu shows fine and sound is perfect but the video is totally scrambled on any input included tuner. Internet works fine also Netflix...

This is the second TV I get with the same exact problem, in the previous one I replaced the video processor (LGE5332) and it didn't fix the issue so I just replaced the mainboard and the TV went back to normal.

This time I'm trying to fix the issue since I saw many guys on ebay offering their services to fix this problem in the mainboard so I guess should be something not so complex.

As always thank you in advance for any help

Anibal

Re: TV LG 55UF6450 -- OSD ok -- AUDIO ok --- BUT NO VIDEO ON ANY INPUT-- ANY IDEAS ?

You need to replace the XD engine chips;

Comment

Re: TV LG 55UF6450 -- OSD ok -- AUDIO ok --- BUT NO VIDEO ON ANY INPUT-- ANY IDEAS ?

I bought one of these unit (T-862++) quite some time ago and I'm far from impressed with it. I appreciated that it would take some experimenting with it to get it right but I found the control far to course and now it sits under the bench.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who uses this successfully.
      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

HI Wilderone, thank you for the advice. I already did that in a previous TV having exact same problem but it didn't fix the problem. XD engine = LGE 5332. Yes , that's the logical path to follow since all inputs go strait to the XD. I agree.

In other forum somebody said it can be a Tuner circuit issue since the Tuner is not only used to demodulate RF channel but also sends kinda clock signal to the XD to process HDMI and RCA inputs. Sounds weird to me but may be is possible. What do you think ?

Did you have a similar case and was fixed replacing the XD ?

Thank you

Comment

HI Dick, got one of those T862+ long ago and for me was frustrating because IR is only useful for small chips like phones or tablets. Now I use only hot air (Forestall RD5680) and works nice !
          Hope this helps

Comment

I second the main IC.
            Last edited by CapLeaker; 06-09-2018, 01:50 PM.

Comment

@CapLeaker
              Hi there, you refer to the XD engine ?

Comment

Look at the HDMI port and follow it back. I think yours goes back to the main IC, which has a heat sink. Since there is no picture provided, I went to SJ and looked up the main board. IF it is a XD main IC, they are prime suspect. IF it is not an XD IC, but the HDMI still goes to the main IC, it is still a prime suspect.

Some have another IC between the main IC and the HDMI port. IF that is the case, that switching HDMI IC is prime suspect. Hopefully that makes sense to you. Maybe upload a straight shot, high resolution picture from YOUR main board.

Comment

Yes HDMI tracks go strait to the XD (no switch IC) Yes looks like the XD is to blame.

I was reviewing my previous case and I think that I was wrong I just reflow the engine not replace it.

So I'll order another XD and I'll post results after replacing it..

Thank you so much for your help !

Comment

Originally posted by anibal2100 View Post
                    Yes HDMI tracks go strait to the XD (no switch IC) Yes looks like the XD is to blame.

I was reviewing my previous case and I think that I was wrong I just reflow the engine not replace it.

So I'll order another XD and I'll post results after replacing it..

Thank you so much for your help !
                    I spoke to an LG tech directly about this fault, he told me it was the XD engine chips, he also pointed me toward the revision boards available that address this fault.
                    He said they replace those chips, but if in warranty they replace the board with the revised ones.
                    Hope this helps.

Comment

Ok.Thank you for the info !
                      Do you know if they have any "revised" schematic for the board also ? or it's the same with a new edition of the engine ?
                      Since I'm about to purchase new XD, will be useful to know if they have a new coding or different version of the LGE5332 (XD engine in this mobo)

Comment

Originally posted by anibal2100 View Post
                        HI Dick, got one of those T862+ long ago and for me was frustrating because IR is only useful for small chips like phones or tablets. Now I use only hot air (Forestall RD5680) and works nice !
                        Hope this helps
                        Thanks. Yes I only use a hot air station now.
                        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Old topic, but i have the same problem and i'n curious. Got any progress with the TV?

Comment

Not to necro an older thread, I have the same issue with little luck finding replacement boards. Looking for the revised version of the "EBT64048902". Anyone have a part# or sku for the newer version?

Comment

Seller kcrownie on ebay offers a repair service for this board. Have used him multiple times. https://www.ebay.com/itm/114307268026

Comment

Originally posted by neilc6 View Post
                                Seller kcrownie on ebay offers a repair service for this board. Have used him multiple times. https://www.ebay.com/itm/114307268026
                                Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
                                X