Samsung 4k dark areas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 4k dark areas

Hello I have this samsung 4k UN48JU6500GCFV that make a dark area to the right.... any chance it is the backlight or it is the screen?
    Any hint or procedure to try?

Thanks a lot in advance...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by marce002; 06-08-2018, 07:13 AM.
    Marcelo J

Re: Samsung 4k dark areas

That looks like a backlight issue to me, at first peep.

Comment

+1 Agree. Is the image a good image and just a brightness problem, i.e. no image retention on the right hand side.
      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Probably panel/t-con issue . Look the backlight in the link.
        https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar...un48ju6500-_JM

Comment

I'd be leaning more toward a t-con or panel issue.
          This must be your tv: https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar...-a-reparar-_JM
          Last edited by R_J; 06-08-2018, 09:30 PM.

Comment

the vertical "line" would appear to indicate a problem somewhere in the bottom edge board on that side that is potentially loading that side down... assuming that line is not part of this particular video. Is that line always there?

Comment

So it is imposible to make sure the screen is ok? I wanted to repair unless screen is the problem... i might find electronics spare parts cheap but not the whole screen...
              Marcelo J

Comment

If the t-con board is located near the bottom of the tv, I would suspect either cleaning fluid or water ran down the front and damaged the board that connects between the t-con cables and the panel itself

Comment

so it might be a panel screen issue?, no way to be 100% sure that swapping parts from another identical tv with broken screen would make it work?..... worth to try?
                  Marcelo J

Comment

also it is a led tv what does t-con board mean here anyway?
                    Marcelo J

Comment

Ok, so if it is a direct led screen, it has NO Backlight. From post #1 " any chance it is the backlight or it is the screen?"
                      It could be a screen fault or led driver/controller has a problem.
                      are these the board that are in the tv? it seems to have a (tcon)
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by R_J; 06-09-2018, 12:39 PM.

Comment

In the right border i can see a delay / retard in the image flow.. like if new images are refreshing ok in the 90% of the screen but in the right part are some kind of drag or blur observing old images vanishing and mixing with new ones... i can upload a better video if you want but thos 2 would help:

https://youtu.be/u9Uaat481Xk

https://youtu.be/2ERe1dwS8RY
                        Last edited by marce002; 06-09-2018, 03:16 PM.
                        Marcelo J

Comment

that's likely a sign that tab drivers are in trouble. You need to check the edge boards along the bottom / top of the screen (depending on how this set implemented those board... most are along the bottom... but from the picture, it appears they are along the top... like some sony's). Anyways, I think you are basically "screwed".

ITS not a LED screen... its LED backlit... the screen is an LCD based screen.

You might get lucky (doubt) but if the edge boards are along the bottom and as mentioned earlier, water or something wet got in there, then that portion of the board might show signs of "fluid ingression"... if lucky you might be able to clean / check to ensure there aren't "contaminations" along the ribbon cables going from the edge board to the screen.... that's almost what your first picture shows.
                          Last edited by budwich; 06-09-2018, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks budish..I will take it apart today and will be in touch with plenty of photos for the site just in case another un48ju6500 is in same situation... keep in touch
                            Marcelo J

Comment

I have opened and checked it, all I can say , the panel looks good, pressure over the tabs, connectors and driver bars did nothing, lifting the panel a bit, while tuned on , the backlight seems to be fine, and evenly distributed ... so I do not know what can be wrong.... I do not know if the backlight is so slight in variations I could not see any difference in the right or left side, seemed al the same to me... hiting the screen sometimes made the bright become normal for an instant in certain areas...

a video from the same TV DEMO for further analysis of the symptoms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDzh...ature=youtu.be
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by marce002; 06-10-2018, 07:00 PM.
                              Marcelo J

Comment

I have just seen a patch at the bottom ...might be indication of something.. also here noticeable dark side at right. Why can the bottom menu be visible if the noise cant in the last picture?
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by marce002; 06-10-2018, 07:36 PM.
                                Marcelo J

Comment

Does this have side tabs ? In the last pic you can see a dark horizontal bar at the bottom starting halfway (at the small YouTube writing) going to the right edge.

Comment

No side tabs... only bottom edge tabs.... the image is ok only affected by dark area... just and only just want to know if related to panel/driver circuit or related to the rest of its electronics....
                                    Marcelo J

Comment

its a tab problem. When you say there are no side tabs... are you looking from the back or the front of the screen. Sets that have no side edge boards like the bottom, usually on have tabs on the side which run from the panel back to the back, basically interconnecting and driving the side of the panel. The last bottom tab on the corner provides powering and signal to those via the panel. The reason that the panel is dark, is because for whatever reason, those side tabs are not be driven, but they are loading down the drivers of the other side, hence you see the darkness.

Further, the bottom corner tab has more problems which you are now seeing as "marks".

It is highly unlikely that there is any way to fix this. At best, you could try removing the side tabs which my get rid of the darkness on that side. The uniformity across the screen will be better but not 100% because of the loss of the tab drivers leaving only the opposite side to drive the screen.
                                      Last edited by budwich; 06-11-2018, 11:52 AM.

Comment

when i took it apart i saw a lot of tabs unconnected on the sides and i though they were not used from factory, now i realise someone unconnected them to achieve what you say budwich... poor observation on me
                                        Marcelo J

Comment

Working...
                                        X