Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What tv brand do you most common repair ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What tv brand do you most common repair ?

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
    Plasma, sub 1% for Panasonic & LG, a few percent for Samsung.

LCD, easily into the 5% range for Samsung, a few percent for the other brands (LG and Sharp.)

Have you tweaked your set yet for deep blacks & red tint issues?
    No I havnt I may but im very happy with it atm
    Attached Files
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

They are very nice panels. Contrast ratio is far more important than brightness. Every day I see an LED TV, I just can't help but notice the poor contrast with high black levels distorting the image. Such a shame plasma died -- an unfair death IMHO.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

They are very nice panels. Contrast ratio is far more important than brightness. Every day I see an LED TV, I just can't help but notice the poor contrast with high black levels distorting the image. Such a shame plasma died -- an unfair death IMHO.
        True it is a shame that plasma died they say oled will beat plasma I have yet to see an oled tv and their picture....
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
          The most common type of tv I repaired from panasonic were there plasmas and they were always a pain to repair, I know that the picture on there plamas were great but they failed too often in my opinion.
          My dad has a Panasonic plasma which he bought new in 2005, I think it is the Panasonic TH-37PA50. It has been in daily use ever since and has never been touched.

Comment

Originally posted by Jooo View Post
            My dad has a Panasonic plasma which he bought new in 2005, I think it is the Panasonic TH-37PA50. It has been in daily use ever since and has never been touched.
            Fair enough, I brought a fujitsu plasma from around 2000 was fully working needed a good 24h screen wash run on it, but it was rock stable.

Comment

True it is a shame that plasma died they say oled will beat plasma I have yet to see an oled tv and their picture....
              I have an OLED phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) and if the picture quality on it is anything to go by OLED will be the killer tech for TVs. Absolutely amazing. Infinite contrast ratio, high brightness, good motion response. Only real complaint is grey is a little uneven. Also they burn in much faster than plasma does.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I have an OLED phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) and if the picture quality on it is anything to go by OLED will be the killer tech for TVs. Absolutely amazing. Infinite contrast ratio, high brightness, good motion response. Only real complaint is grey is a little uneven. Also they burn in much faster than plasma does.
                I have heard they burn but aldo have great picture, I may get on in the future when I get my own place.

Comment

Lg are now the top of my list have had over 5 in a week, and no samsungs.
                  2* 37"
                  1* 60"
                  2* 32"

Comment

Vestel is now the top on my list, haven't has a sammy or lg for a week or two.

Comment

Panny and Vestel are the main ones I have dealt with

Comment

Originally posted by newtothis View Post
                        Panny and Vestel are the main ones I have dealt with
                        I haven't seen a panny for a while about a month, got about 13 vestels in though.

Comment

I haven't seen a panny for a while about a month, got about 13 vestels in though.
                          Lot of failed IGBT's common with panny.

Only ever had a few of LG in and only 1 Samsung, All LG's have been panel or LED failures, Minus one which was vestel boards and that was a bad startup cap

Comment

This week, Ive been mostly doing Samsung.....
                            TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                            http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                            PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

always bad samsungs for me but it still could be because of marketing that probbaly
                              more samsungs are sold but also i have found that any brand made in 2011
                              are bad as if 2011 they all really screwed up

Comment

Originally posted by tom thumb View Post
                                always bad samsungs for me but it still could be because of marketing that probbaly
                                more samsungs are sold but also i have found that any brand made in 2011
                                are bad as if 2011 they all really screwed up
                                I agree most of the tvs I get are 2011 sets, that's probably the year they all started going cheap and poor quality and now 3 years later they are all failing.
                                Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 04-22-2015, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Funai (emerson, magnavox and sylvania) followed by samsung then phillips. +1 on 2011 sets, I have several including a panasonic.
                                  Liberating magic smoke one part at a time

Comment

Yes 2011 is also what I am seeing!

Comment

Actually umcs im seeing fail alot but they use megmeet and leke psus along with corrupt epproms, again alot from around 2011-2013

Comment

Originally posted by newtothis View Post
                                        Yes 2011 is also what I am seeing!
                                        That makes me sad...my two favorite TVs (LG)...one is a late 2011 and the other an early 2012. But I bought them both pre-owned (so about half of what was retail). The older one I've had for about 2 years now and is up to about 9,500 hours. It runs around 15-16 hours a day, continuously. The newer one I've only had for about 4 months and it's maybe at about 4,500 hours. It runs about 12 hours a day, continuously. So far, so good, though I do keep an extended warranty going on both, just for the hell of it.

I was actually going to ask what years are showing up for repair of late. So with that now known, what kind of repairs are they (if there is one that's seen more often than others)? Surely we're well beyond bad caps and bad tab bonds?

EDIT: Just for giggles, I decided to go take a quick look on Google and see if I could figure out what the most common repair might be for my TVs (both CS570s - a 42" and a 47"). It seems like maybe the most common problem is intermittent starting, or shutting off shortly after startup, which is fixed by replacing either the mainboard or PSU. So at least it's not bad LCD panels, which is good!
                                        Last edited by mwalsh; 04-22-2015, 12:24 PM.

Comment

I see all brands that are worth spending your hard-earned on!
                                          Mostly Samsung because of market share and I agree about 2011.
                                          However, I still get older LG, Vizio,Panasonic,Philips and Sharp.I turn away a lot
                                          of Sony with bad panels. And since the first of the year, I am very choosey about
                                          older plasma of any brand = diagnosis fee up front or go away ! ( $120.00 )
                                          Last edited by Terryfictv; 04-22-2015, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X