samsung LN40B550, only channels 7.x do not work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

samsung LN40B550, only channels 7.x do not work

Strangest thing happened on our Samsung LN40B550. Yesterday all three channel 7 channels (7.1, 7.2, and 7.3) started giving weak signal messages, and eventually they just went away. Rescanned for channels and none of those 3 were seen. The weird thing is this TV shares an antenna with an HDHomeRun, and all 3 tuners (one in the TV, two in the HDHomeRun) are fed through a 3 way splitter. Those 7.x channels still come in fine on the HDHomeRun, with the same signal levels as before. So there's nothing wrong with the transmitters (this is the Los Angeles ABC affiliate), and nothing wrong with our antenna. On the Samsung no other channels have dropped out, it is only the 7.x channels that are having problems.

What the heck could cause a TV to have such a channel specific reception failure?

Re: samsung LN40B550, only channels 7.x do not work

Anybody?

I may end up calling Samsung support, on the off chance this is a known problem with the model. Not that I have any real expectations that the script reading support drone will be able to resolve an issue like this.

Comment

Re: samsung LN40B550, only channels 7.x do not work

I didn't touch the hardware, just scanned again, and these channels started working again. We will see how long that lasts - problems that "fix themselves" tend not to stay fixed.

Comment

Working...
      X