Sony KDL-40S4100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KDL-40S4100

My set developed a green bar down the left side of the screen from top to bottom. It is approx 4" wide and si bright flourescent green. The first day, the bar was solid and did not change color or density. I turned on the set the next day and the bar began flashing on and off and sometimes fades out completely as the scene is chaging- especially with a primarily dark screen.
    When I received the set (used), there was no picture. I ooened the set and found a ground lug loose. When I tightened the screw, the picture came back.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Re: Sony KDL-40S4100

Looks like a great set. I hope you can get this going. Here is a site where you'd find the User Manual.

http://www.retrevo.com/support/Sony-...6690ag615/t/2/

I dont know if there is anything in there that will help you. Maybe a firmware reset or something. I'd check for more loose connections however I question why anything would be loose to begin with. Maybe someone tried to fix this before.
    The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

I have this problem.
      Waiting for the T-con board.
      Attached Files

Comment

I have attached a screensot of mine- I have one flourescent green bar only and it began fading in and out last night.
        Do you think it will be the board that you ordered?
        Attached Files

Comment

Did u receive your tcon and did it solve the problem?
          My set just developed another set of lines.
          Half the screen is now blocked.

Comment

bankrep: I have the EXACT same problem with a 40s4100 that I got off of craigslist. I have already replaced the t-con board and it has the same problem with the new board.

Comment

If anyone finds a solution to this green bar... please let me know :-)

Comment

Failure in panel itself, specifically the column driver IC failed for that band. Either send out panel for repair or replace whole panel with another good one.

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

Working...
                X