LG 60PK950-UA Plasma no picture or sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 60PK950-UA Plasma no picture or sound

I am looking for some troubleshooting help on a 6 year old LG 60pk950 television.

The symptom it the normal red standby light is on and when the power is turned on the normal white light comes on and then the relays click, all as it had done before the problem.
    The sound never pops or does anything, the screen is a very faint solid black and when I try the TV menu nothing is displayed.

I started out by inspecting the electrolytic capacitors and found nothing.
    Watched a few videos that helped to explain the function of the different boards, I then checked all the power on the Main Power board (VS, VA, M5V, 17v, STDBY...) all were well within what was printed on the board.

Then I found this post on your wonderful forum - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33454
    It has logical troubleshooting and well written explanations, this led to post #13 where tom66 shows a picture of how to get the test pattern on the screen.
    Unlike the original poster I was able to get the test pattern to show all the colors and patterns.

These leads to my question, since the Main Logic board EBR63450301 with connector P31 removed and the jumper installed provides a test pattern shows me that the X, Y and Power boards are all functioning.
    Only the Main Logic board EBR63450301 and the Main board (Connectors) EBR68027906 are left to verify which one might be the problem as the sender or the receiver could be the cause.
    If someone has any additional steps to help me prove this further it would be greatly appreciated, also a link to a Service Manual would be nice.

Thanks

Re: LG 60PK950-UA Plasma no picture or sound

With the rear cover removed....Post clear pics of the backside of the TV so we can see how the boards are interconnected.

Comment

Hello Andrew,
      Please see this post,
      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33454
      it has a great set of pictures that are the same as my LG.

Comment

If the TV displays the color test patterns properly, you have verified all the boards except the mainboard work. Start looking for a replacement.(mainboard)

Go to Shopjimmy.com with your TV model # and you will see several different mainboards. Watch their tutorial video to determine the correct model # of
        mainboard to look for.
        Last edited by cliff_hootarski; 08-16-2016, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cliff_hootarski View Post
          If the TV displays the color test patterns properly, you have verified all the boards except the mainboard work. Start looking for a replacement.(mainboard)

Go to Shopjimmy.com with your TV model # and you will see several different mainboards. Watch their tutorial video to determine the correct model # of
          mainboard to look for.
          Excellent post and good advice.

Comment

My LG is fixed, because of the great help of the forum the Main Board was the fix.
            It was a bit hard to find someone that had it in stock but shopjimmy showed alternate part numbers and I was able to find EBT61261904 from Sears Part Direct and if needed they have a nice picture and list of more parts, it cost about $200.

Comment

I found this post while trying to diagnose the problem of my LG 60PK750-UA, which has the same logic board (EBR63450301), and has main board EAX61557904.

Have to say that the picture posted by tom66 showing where the testing points are is really helpful! I got testing patterns on the display too. I have found repair services for this main board, and now since my main board seems to be the problem, I will give it a try.

Comment

Working...
              X