Insignia NS-LCD32 - Transformers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insignia NS-LCD32 - Transformers?

Found 5+ transformers on the inverter with shorted primaries. I'm amazed the backlight would even fire up. The board is VIT68001.94 Rev. 0 or there's a small sticker that also says CPT 320WF01SC. Pics attached.

My question is: How do I order the proper replacement transformers?

I see a plethora of options on digi-key. I know that they're power transformers, but I don't know where to go from there.

I see T51.0120.210 C5 on the side of each transformer, but that doesn't bring up any datasheets/info/results. Thank you!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by daimoku; 03-24-2011, 08:24 PM.

Re: Insignia NS-LCD32 - Transformers?

Originally posted by daimoku View Post
    Found 5+ transformers on the inverter with shorted primaries. I'm amazed the backlight would even fire up. The board is VIT68001.94 Rev. 0 or there's a small sticker that also says CPT 320WF01SC. Pics attached.

My question is: How do I order the proper replacement transformers?

I see a plethora of options on digi-key. I know that they're power transformers, but I don't know where to go from there.

I see T51.0120.210 C5 on the side of each transformer, but that doesn't bring up any datasheets/info/results. Thank you!
    I'd be really surprised to see 5 shorted primaries. Those have a very low resistance. The usual problem is the secondary on one of the transformers will short.

However, assuming you are correct, the cheapest I have seen one of these transformers was about $12.00. Someone on eBay has a complete inverter for under $35 with free shipping.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

errr sorry you're correct. Just went back and checked - 5 out of 14 have faults in the secondary windings. Looks like I'll be purchasing that inverter from ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by daimoku View Post
        5 out of 14 have faults in the secondary windings.
        Wow, talk about serious product quality issues. I have one TV here with one bad secondary winding out of 9. 5 out of 14 would lead me to think twice about putting in too much money to fix this.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
          serious product quality issues.
          You got that right. Got the new inverter in today (poorly packaged, no ESD bag, only bubble wrap), but nonetheless the board seems to work/the transformers tested okay. TV has been running for 2.5 hours now without a hiccup where it would run for about 15 minutes at a time before.

Just to recap (no pun intended):

The issue:
          Initially the tv would overheat and shut down (no sound, no video). After it cooled for a while, I could turn the tv back on and repeat.

Solution:
          • I recapped the power supply since it had capxon, TL and some other crappy caps.
          • I found out the processor on the main board was overheating by pecking around with freeze spray until I located the overheating component.
          • Found out the main board also had some bad caps so I recapped that and replaced the crystal oscillator 18pF, 25Mhz.

I replaced the crystal oscillator because it was producing a scratchy noise and Agent24 suggested it might be overclocking the processor. Since, I don't have a scope yet to look for the sine wave, I went ahead and replaced it. The combo of replacing the mainboard caps and the oscillator solved the processor heat issue.

Now, the issue was that the tv would shut down, but it could be immediately turned back on. Found shorted secondary transformer windings (thank Bill) on the inverter and replaced the inverter (PN in earlier post).

Comment

Working...
          X