Samsung LNS3241D (PICS of Problem)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung LNS3241D (PICS of Problem)

Good job of troubleshooting. Different classes of inputs follow different paths. This definitely points to a problem with the main board. I'd try checking the voltage regulators on the main board - there may be a bunch of them.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I hate to revive this thread but I am trying to get my set up and running for the B-Ball games tonight...

Any thoughts on it being a cold-solder joint by the transformer like on the LN-S4041D!?

Comment

What's the problem now? Pictures maybe?
        The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

Originally posted by illtww View Post
          I think I spoke to soon. The tv now does some weird things;

If I am watching Football on espn and the game is on it seems to work ok but when it goes to a commercial and there is more black on the screen than white the whole pic vanishes for a sec then comes back when the games starts!??! What the?

If i turn on Pic-In-A-PIC mode the screen never shuts off but then I ahve to deal wiht this big block in the way for the screen.... UGH!

I am guessing I need to find another motherboard?

Thoughts?

OH, I SEE..... This is the time where you might want to buy a new TV. Too much BS with this one. Get a cheap 32 plasma and save the time if you need it to work sooner than later.
          The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

If I can get it to stay on long enough to change to PIP mode the tv will run forever and not blink the picture on-and-off at all. The minute I take it off it seems to have an issue.

Takes about 5-10mins (after first start-up) for the video to stay on long enough to change to PIP mode..

Is this a cold solder joint?

Also, IS there a what to cross-reference which motherboards are actually compatible whit my set. AKA ones form (37, 40" models etc...)

I can get some pics of the problem and the board if that will help.
            Last edited by illtww; 03-25-2011, 07:01 AM. Reason: Pics..

Comment

Working...
            X