Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0500-0507-0740 Vizio Power Supply Lights Flashing

TV model - Vizio G47LFHDTV10A

Issue - After about 10 minutes, back lights flicker. Power supply voltage on 24 will waiver at that point. Checked the caps on the inverters and replaced even though test fine. I soldered most of the main spots on the power supply ( unless I missed one some wheres ). Can't figure out why the lights will flicker after a bit and turn off. Any help would be appreciated. I didn't post pics as wasn't sure what you might need but happy if you need them. No burn spots noted and caps look and test fine. No bulging. Blue caps look new. Actually a new looking board. Thanks.

Re: 0500-0507-0740 Vizio Power Supply Lights Flashing

You could have a bad connection on one of the the inverter boards, one of the inverter transformers could be failing or bad connection on one of the ccfl tubes or one of the ccfl tube could be bad
    Last edited by R_J; 09-07-2019, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Thanks. I have done some more testing and noticed faint zap some wheres in the HOT side. Still trying to locate although appears to be in the capacitor area or close to it ( that area is enclosed and could have an echo ). I have a sister board that doesn't work at all and everything seems to test ok. So obviously I am missing something. The capacitor tests ok, resistors, diodes and the ceramic resistor is fine...AUGH.

Comment

Sister board gives standby only. Wondering if it has similar issue a bit one is further along then the other.

Comment

Have a look at the caps. under the heatsink on the power supply also check any small electrolytics in that primary, the small ones will look good but can be dried up and almost open causing the power supply to be unstable.

Comment

Thanks..will remove and verify.

Comment

Thanks for your help. Have determined to be BULBS!!! The ends are black and the silver has crept up onto the grey part of pretty much every bulb. Only runs about 10 minutes and becomes a disco flash. Appreciate the help. Get to sell the boards I guess. Old TV though. Probably never sell...ah well. Onto the next.

Comment

Working...
              X