Need Firmware for M-Audio Audiophile USB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Firmware for M-Audio Audiophile USB

I am a collector of old and vintage computers and hardware. Some time ago i bought a M-Audio Audiophile USB to run on an Apple Cube. The device worked only ones now it does not get recognized by any system. I tried Windows 98, XP, 7 and OSX 10.4.11, 10.6.8, 10.10.5. It does not even show up in the device manager. But after i removed the Firmware chip it get at least recognized, but as unknown USB-Device. So i thought to open a post here, because i already got some help here with Firmware for my Philips 20" Monitor from 2001.

Now i got a simple eprom burner for modifying my iMacs BootRom and this one is also able to read and flash the eprom of the Audiophile. The chip is a MicroChip 24LC64. I could read the information from the chip and saved it. This is an 8KB chip. So does someone have a Audiophile USB and can make a dump of the Firmware, or maybe has some firmware somewhere?

Re: Need Firmware for M-Audio Audiophile USB

See if you can contact this guy, maybe? The post's 4 years old, but who knows, maybe he's got the dump saved somewhere still.

https://getsatisfaction.com/m-audio/...iophile-eeprom
    Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Comment

Thanks. I hoop he gets a notification. I could not send an email, so i posted in the thread.

My idea was also to buy an other one and use that firmware. Hmmm maybe i should backup the Firmware of my Audiophlie Firewire also.

Comment

... Or that - might be quicker and more certain. And sure, as long as you have the tooling.

I took that route with many of the interfaces that passed through my hands.
        Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Comment

Working...
        X