Hp Probook 455 G3 DAX73AMB6E1 blinking charge light, not turning on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hp Probook 455 G3 DAX73AMB6E1 blinking charge light, not turning on

You're welcome. I'm glad everything went well. It turned out to be a straightforward power rail issue. Maybe next time you can get more of a crash-course in reading schematics :P

Microsoft has a tool to create a Windows 10 setup USB drive:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

If Windows 10 comes with a computer from one of the big brands (e.g. Dell, HP, etc.), the Windows license is stored in the firmware on the motherboard. Even if Windows 10 is installed later, Microsoft still retains a record of its licensed status. Either way, if asked, just skip the step where it asks for the product key. It should figure out the digital licensing stuff while you're connected to the internet (if required). At least, most of the time it does..

Comment

Fantastic repair. I read the whole thing.
      I'm very pleased to see someone who is starting this road had that amount of hunger to understand techniques that take others years to master.

Again awesome post to both of you.
      Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueMidnight View Post
        You're welcome. I'm glad everything went well. It turned out to be a straightforward power rail issue. Maybe next time you can get more of a crash-course in reading schematics :P

Microsoft has a tool to create a Windows 10 setup USB drive:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

If Windows 10 comes with a computer from one of the big brands (e.g. Dell, HP, etc.), the Windows license is stored in the firmware on the motherboard. Even if Windows 10 is installed later, Microsoft still retains a record of its licensed status. Either way, if asked, just skip the step where it asks for the product key. It should figure out the digital licensing stuff while you're connected to the internet (if required). At least, most of the time it does..
        I would definately like to learn how to read schematics. All I saw was 36 pages of Greek. Yes I purchased this laptop from HP, so that all should work out, Thank you for the link. I'm still amazed at how that little turd of a component,took out a $1,000 lap top in a blink of an eye. Shame on you HP, thank god for people like you, you saved me a ton of money.

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ricoh View Post
          Fantastic repair. I read the whole thing.
          I'm very pleased to see someone who is starting this road had that amount of hunger to understand techniques that take others years to master.

Again awesome post to both of you.
          I'm glad you enjoyed the thread. It definately would not have worked out, if I alone was attempting to repair this board. Credit all goes to BlueMidnight. I do have some experience fixing plasma tv's. I repaired about 15 or so for friends, and family's in need that can"t afford to purchase a tv. I enjoy this kind of stuff, Its just a Hobby for me, but I have purchased over the few years some very good equipment, which definately makes the repair easier.The microscope made this job, and also the hot air station. If one don't work for you try the other. Thanks again for following along.

Comment

I was thinking about purchasing another nonworking board as a spare. I saw one on Ebay for a few bucks. Maybe I can get that crash course in schematic reading.

Comment

Sometimes boards are sold because the seller doesn't know how or doesn't want to repair them. But other times the seller already knows the board has a major problem not worth repairing. So, it's always a gamble when buying them.

Nevertheless, as long as it is cheap, such a board could be educational.

Comment

Sometimes boards are sold because the seller doesn't know how or doesn't want to repair them. But other times the seller already knows the board has a major problem not worth repairing. So, it's always a gamble when buying them.

Nevertheless, as long as it is cheap, such a board could be educational.
                That is what I did for my first boards only a few weeks ago. Bought 2 complete older thinkpad E545s with CPUs, but no RAM, HD, or LCD. I fought my way through both of them (with the help of the fine people on this forum, and especially u/BlueMidnight who dumbed it down in explaining the circuit), and learned some of the basic MB components of the laptop.

I also watched a few YT videos from this one fella who does laptop repairs, but I find he is more of a "hack job" at repairing, and is looking to just get it out the door. None the less, he shows the basic diagnostic technics.

I've got more dead laptops coming to learn on so will no doubt be asking for more help. This is just a hobby for me, although I did schooling 25 years ago in electronics, but never really got down to component level in my career.

Love this forum
                Last edited by brew99; 01-30-2019, 10:25 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=BlueMidnight;877914]Sometimes boards are sold because the seller doesn't know how or doesn't want to repair them. But other times the seller already knows the board has a major problem not worth repairing. So, it's always a gamble when buying them.

Nevertheless, as long as it is cheap, such a board could be educational. I asked that seller a few questions, seems the board has same problem as mine did. If price is right I just might purchase for spare. Everything for sale on Ebay is a gamble, thank god for their return policy.

Comment

Originally posted by brew99 View Post
                    That is what I did for my first boards only a few weeks ago. Bought 2 complete older thinkpad E545s with CPUs, but no RAM, HD, or LCD. I fought my way through both of them (with the help of the fine people on this forum, and especially u/BlueMidnight who dumbed it down in explaining the circuit), and learned some of the basic MB components of the laptop.

I also watched a few YT videos from this one fella who does laptop repairs, but I find he is more of a "hack job" at repairing, and is looking to just get it out the door. None the less, he shows the basic diagnostic technics.

I've got more dead laptops coming to learn on so will no doubt be asking for more help. This is just a hobby for me, although I did schooling 25 years ago in electronics, but never really got down to component level in my career.

Love this forum

Please. Name of the Youtuber

Comment

Please. Name of the Youtuber
                      I think he may be talking about. The Electronics repair school on youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by rccrasher65 View Post
                        I think he may be talking about. The Electronics repair school on youtube.
                        Bingo!!!

Comment

Sorin? He is Romanian like me. I like his videos because they show how ghetoo you have to be if you need the costumer to promote you mouth to mouth.
                          Fast fix is wanted in UK.
                          I quit that because I wasn't that flexible like him and I didn't knew that much like him.
                          But if you know you can make a tone of.money.

Not because of ethnicity I like him because I learn electronics from guy similar like him who own store and he show me what it's needed there.
                          Last edited by dj_ricoh; 01-31-2019, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Dont get me wrong but if you dont understand one system and how the circuit is working you will never understand.

I almost understood it but I fail when I was in computer shops.(with laptops)

Now.home as hobby I learn with gpus and laptops made sense now and regret not knowing when I was working in PC shops.

SORIN is an example if you understand one example you know how to fix anything and that's what you end up doing if you go in that busyness.

Comment

He is a wealth of knowledge for sure....I enjoy his videos and am learning a lot from him, but also understand that the consumer isn't willing to wait for a week (or even a few days!!) to get their laptop fixed. I love how he dives in without schematics, and wish I had his knowledge.

I recently watched one of his videos where he was trying to help a fella diagnose a laptop repair over Facetime or Skype. It reminded me of myself trying to help my mother when she inadvertently alters something with her Ipad, and I'm trying to talk via the phone with her to fix it. Very frustrating!!!

Comment

Sorin? He is Romanian like me. I like his videos because they show how ghetoo you have to be if you need the costumer to promote you mouth to mouth.
                                Fast fix is wanted in UK.
                                I quit that because I wasn't that flexible like him and I didn't knew that much like him.
                                But if you know you can make a tone of.money.

Not because of ethnicity I like him because I learn electronics from guy similar like him who own store and he show me what it's needed there.
                                I have watched all of his vids, guy is very good at what he does, but people tear him up for the repair work in the comment section. How I look at things is, If you don't like how he does things don't watch.

Comment

Just finished loading new OS. Everything working like a charm. Thank you again BlueMidnight. I think I will pick up that board for an extra, it's only 24.00. If you think that's too much let me know.

Comment

The cost isn't bad. Obviously, don't spend anything you're not willing to lose.

Comment

Ill probably pick that board up, let you know when it arrives.

Comment

Finished loading everything back into my lap top, feels good to have it back and working, Thanks again Blue Midnight. Will be ordering that spare board this week when seller come's back.

Comment

The cost isn't bad. Obviously, don't spend anything you're not willing to lose.
                                          Purchased board for $20.00, should arrive on Mon. Looking forward to another lesson, hope this one is different from the first.

Comment

Working...
                                          X