Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HP G6 DA0R13MB6E1 QUANTA R13 REV. E / No power, No LEDs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP G6 DA0R13MB6E1 QUANTA R13 REV. E / No power, No LEDs...

I have the same board, i change the HDMI port but by mistake i lost the R786 resistor, is marked as *100/F_4 what this meaning? 100 Ohm 0402?
    Last edited by eniac22; 10-24-2018, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Yes

Comment

i have the R13 Rev E
        Its turns on but i dont have signal on HDMI
        Evrithing looks Good
        Fun turn on and cpu it gets warm any idea what i have to check
        Thanx in advance

Comment

pl 25 1.13v
          pl 26 0v both sides somthing is shorted but where ?
          pq43 4pin 0v
          pl13 20v
          5volts seems ok
          19 volt allmost everywere
          electrlitic caps pc 246 ,pc254 ,pc 248 no volts at all... it looks like pq43 is shorted
          https://clip2net.com/s/3Y65VtR

Can some one guide me to trace the line or what happent here?
          Last edited by tsounakas; 11-20-2018, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Hi, I'm new and it's just that I'm trying my hand at micro components. I hope someone can help me. I have the same card da0r13mb6e1 r13 by mistake I removed the component c26 and the component c20 ... I don't know which capacitors to put ... besides now the component pr 12 heats ... to specify that the card gave no signs of life no ignition no led ... who could help?

Comment

I attach my motherboard
              Attached Files
              Last edited by antony.ag; 11-28-2019, 10:59 AM. Reason: Cambio lingua da italiano ad inglese

Comment

Originally posted by antony.ag View Post
                Hi, I'm new and it's just that I'm trying my hand at micro components. I hope someone can help me. I have the same card da0r13mb6e1 r13 by mistake I removed the component c26 and the component c20 ... I don't know which capacitors to put ... besides now the component pr 12 heats ... to specify that the card gave no signs of life no ignition no led ... who could help?
                Was the MB working earlier if no lights of on connector that means your adapter is not recognized by MB are you using 90W original HP adapter you have to trace back AD ID , what voltage you get PR158 CLR 19V ? And for the Caps put it back it doesn’t matter One side is GND are they supply
                Last edited by Techtiger; 11-28-2019, 12:29 PM.

Comment

the mb previously funzuonava ... after not having used it for quite a while I went to turn it on but no sign of life .. I still have its original power supply but nothing ... no led ... that resistance marked with the red circle pr12 to the touch warms a lot ... regarding the capacitors can I leave it without? as for the value pr158 as soon as I have the possibility the text ... thanks a lot for the answer I will let you know as soon as possible

Comment

C26 = 0.1uF / 10V
                    C20 = 220pF / 50V (Can be left unpopulated, just for EMI)

PR12 heats up? Measure resistance between the left side of it (side facing the chip) and GND. If shorted then remove PC16 and measure again.

Also resolder PC48. The soldering of it looks really bad. Just to prevent further issues down the line.
                    Last edited by KvnTM; 11-28-2019, 02:28 PM.

Comment

pr12 seemed to be short and I thought I'd remove it to put another one but I can't find a 220 resistor of that small size ... can I put a 220 resistor with a bit bigger size by connecting it to the ends with a copper wire? ?? I enclose an example

Comment

Example
                        Attached Files

Comment

pr12 seemed to be short and I thought I'd remove it to put another one but I can't find a 220 resistor of that small size ... can I put a 220 resistor with a bit bigger size by connecting it to the ends with a copper wire? ?? I enclose an example
                          Sure!
                          What's the resistance of the old burned 220 ohm resistor ?

I don't think that the resistor would be shorted. Wouldn't really make a difference though.
                          Please measure resistance to gnd on both pads where the resistor was before.

EDIT: It is a 22 Ohm resistor. Not 220! I wasn't paying attention to the values... the first 2 digits are the value (22) and the 0 is multiplier. (In this case: 22*10^0 = 22 Ohm)
                          Last edited by KvnTM; 11-28-2019, 03:15 PM.

Comment

I apologize, but the resistance was withdrawn and I lost it ... I apologize ��������

Comment

I apologize, but the resistance was withdrawn and I lost it ... I apologize ��������
                              Doesnt matter.. Just replace it with a 22 Ohm resistor (read my edit in last post) and you should be fine

Please do my measurements. There has to be a reason why the old resistor burned. Something is drawing too much current. Either the chip or PC16.

Comment

do I have to first weld a 22 ohm resistor and then take the measurements or can I take the values even without resistance?

Comment

do I have to first weld a 22 ohm resistor and then take the measurements or can I take the values even without resistance?
                                  Without resistor in place please
                                  Put one probe on each pad and one on gnd. Screw holes most of the time have large gnd circles around them. Or use any metal case on a connector as gnd.
                                  Last edited by KvnTM; 11-28-2019, 03:29 PM.

Comment

ok i'll take the measurements ... i'm out of the office ... as soon as i'm back i'll tell you all the information you asked me ... thank you so much you're really kind i hope i can solve the problem ... thank you so much .. just I'll go back to the place I'll tell you everything

Comment

should I take the measurements with the plug attached?
                                      Last edited by antony.ag; 11-28-2019, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Only measure resistance while the board is off. Always! Never measure resistance with a powered board.
                                        You're welcome. Just post your measurements when done.

Are you going into the office today or tomorrow? It's pretty late already

Comment

ehehe I hope as soon as possible ehehehe ... another question I wanted to ask you those capacitors that I removed I can leave them without or I'm forced to put them
                                          Last edited by antony.ag; 11-28-2019, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X