Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO G580 no power

any idea
    i want to replace the kbc but the replacement needs to reprogram i don't have the adapter of KB9012 for RT809
    i try to reprogram the original one without desolder it but the rt809 can't recognize the kbc .

Comment

No experience (yet) with KBC programming but in the end, the KBC will output some logic levels for this power supply rail(s) to enable.

You could mimic, the KBC activity by tracing back the wiring to the KBC and this component. Then just probe, what are the logic (voltage) levels. Respectively, it should be possible to interrupt these connections and allow you to apply the voltage manually from another part of the logic board for perhaps the 3v3 enable signal, etc.

This should allow you to 'force' the TI regulator to turn on or at least validate if it is capable of turning on.

Is their a datasheet available for the 24 pin version of the TI part ? Or maybe it was a custom part for the laptop markets ? Just wanting to review the pinout for the larger QFN package.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
        No experience (yet) with KBC programming but in the end, the KBC will output some logic levels for this power supply rail(s) to enable.

You could mimic, the KBC activity by tracing back the wiring to the KBC and this component. Then just probe, what are the logic (voltage) levels. Respectively, it should be possible to interrupt these connections and allow you to apply the voltage manually from another part of the logic board for perhaps the 3v3 enable signal, etc.

This should allow you to 'force' the TI regulator to turn on or at least validate if it is capable of turning on.

Is their a datasheet available for the 24 pin version of the TI part ? Or maybe it was a custom part for the laptop markets ? Just wanting to review the pinout for the larger QFN package.
        but in this model power enable signal not coming from the kbc .

Comment

Working...
        X