Asus x442u cant use adaptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus x442u cant use adaptor

hi friends, I hope someone can help me with my problem on this asus x442u board, namely when using the adapter it can't turn on but using battery voltage it can turn on, and on this mobo using the bq25780s ic, after I measured the 19v acfet it didn't want to cross and at the gate pin 4 acfet also does not appear 24v.

this is for temporary measurements on this bq24780s ic

VCC : 19V
    ACDET:2.6V
    REGN:6V
    ACOK:5.2V
    ACDRV:0.14V

thank you I hope someone can give me direction.

I'm also attaching a boardview.
    Attached Files

Re: Asus x442u cant use adaptor

Hi.

1) remove all power. Meter in resistance mode. Check the resistance across each front side mosfet.

Source and drain
    Source and gate
    Gate and drain

Look for low resistance values which means the mosfet is damaged.

2) quite possible the charger ic is damaged and needs to be replaced as the gate charge pump is not working.

First check all conditions needed to enable the gate and that the mosfets are not defective.

Look ok.

What is the exact markings on the charger IC?

Is it bq25780s or bq24780s ?

Post the voltages on the SDA and SCL lines.
    Last edited by mon2; 01-25-2022, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
      Hi.

1) remove all power. Meter in resistance mode. Check the resistance across each front side mosfet.

Source and drain
      Source and gate
      Gate and drain

Look for low resistance values which means the mosfet is damaged.

2) quite possible the charger ic is damaged and needs to be replaced as the gate charge pump is not working.

First check all conditions needed to enable the gate and that the mosfets are not defective.

Look ok.

What is the exact markings on the charger IC?

Is it bq25780s or bq24780s ?

Post the voltages on the SDA and SCL lines.
      May I ask, is it true that ACOK for normal conditions is 5.2v?

I think this pin should have a voltage of 2.8v?

correct me if i'm wrong

Comment

ohh I'm sorry, the correct one is bq24780s

Comment

According to the TI datasheet for this part, ACOK is an open-drain output.

So if ACDET > 2v4 then this ACOK will be floating. It is upto the external pull-up resistor to define the 'high' value. The pull-up voltage of 5v0 is fine for this pin to be considered OK.
          Attached Files

Comment

According to the TI datasheet for this part, ACOK is an open-drain output.

So if ACDET > 2v4 then this ACOK will be floating. It is upto the external pull-up resistor to define the 'high' value. The pull-up voltage of 5v0 is fine for this pin to be considered OK.

thanks for your direction, i'm too equating it with other boards and i also see other treads for shuffle measurement many use 3.3v for ACOK on this ic, i'm sorry

and for SDA & SCL PIN both 0v bro

I've also replaced acfet with a good one but it's still the same

Comment

I've never seen ACOK at 5.2V on BQ24780(S). It should be 3.3V as the pull up resistor is always from 3.3V ACDRV will work only when CMSRC is 19V. So do check that. Is there 19V on charging Coil??

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                I've never seen ACOK at 5.2V on BQ24780(S). It should be 3.3V as the pull up resistor is always from 3.3V ACDRV will work only when CMSRC is 19V. So do check that. Is there 19V on charging Coil??
                thank you for taking your time to help me, then at what parameter is the volts when ACOK is on high?

the charging coil only shows 0.23v bro.

Comment

Post the voltage on each pin of the charger IC when the dc adapter is attached (no battery).

Comment

Post the voltage on each pin of the charger IC when the dc adapter is attached (no battery).
                    This is the measurement of the adapter attached and without battery

1.acn = 5.61v
                    2.acp = 5.61v
                    3.cmsrc = 0.18v
                    4.acdrv = 0.21v
                    5.shuffle = 5.51v
                    6.acdet = 2.6v
                    7.iadp = 0.03v
                    8.idchg = 0.01
                    9.psys = 0v
                    10.prochot = 0.03
                    11.sda = 0v
                    12.scl = 0v
                    13.cmpin = 0.32v
                    14.cmpout = 6v
                    15batpres = 0v
                    16.tb status = 0v
                    17.batsrc = 0.23
                    18.batdrv = 0.23v
                    19.srn,20.srp = 0.23v
                    21.ilim = 1.12v
                    22.grd
                    23.lg = 0v
                    24.regn = 6v
                    25.bst = 5.97v
                    26.hg = 0.23v
                    27.lx = 0.24
                    28.vcc = 19.1v

Comment

Confirm the voltages on pins 1, 2 and 3 again for the charger IC.

The SDA and SCL lines are missing their pull up voltage. Trace these lines to the local pull up resistors. The other side of each resistor will go to an always on rail of 3v3.

That regulator is not working to supply the missing rail.

Comment

Confirm the voltages on pins 1, 2 and 3 again for the charger IC.

The SDA and SCL lines are missing their pull up voltage. Trace these lines to the local pull up resistors. The other side of each resistor will go to an always on rail of 3v3.

That regulator is not working to supply the missing rail.
                        thanks bro, but indeed pins 1,2 and 3 the voltage remains the same, does that mean the sda and scl lines are broken?

and under what conditions those sda and scl pins appear?

Comment

I found a 6 pin diode parallel to 2 resistors connected to the sda and scl lines, and on pin number 5 there is +3va and on pin 3,4 is the source of sda 0v and scl 0v too

Comment

No. The I2C (SMBUS) SDA & SCL lines are not broken but each should have a pull-up resistor. The other side of each resistor should be pulled up to +3v3.

The +3v3 rail is missing.

1) See attached. The schematic for this logic board looks to be very close to yours for the charger IC. This should help for this case.

2) Check the resistor values for the requested parts. Remove all power. Meter in resistance mode. Measure each resistor value.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Post a picture of the DIODE you are referencing and will see it can be found in the schematic.

Where is it on the boardview file ?

Need to get ready for work...will continue at the office.

Comment

Post a picture of the DIODE you are referencing and will see it can be found in the schematic.

is the schematic you gave is suitable for this board?

the diode is at the top of the board near the battery connector and the code for this diode is PD6001 bro.

okay I'll wait when you're at the office
                                Attached Files

Comment

Is the source of sda and scl +3va on pin 5 of the diode?

because i measure on kbc also no voltage output for sda and scl . lines

Comment

No. The I2C (SMBUS) SDA & SCL lines are not broken but each should have a pull-up resistor. The other side of each resistor should be pulled up to +3v3.

The +3v3 rail is missing.

1) See attached. The schematic for this logic board looks to be very close to yours for the charger IC. This should help for this case.

2) Check the resistor values for the requested parts. Remove all power. Meter in resistance mode. Measure each resistor value.

you are right bro, the source of sda and scl is +3va_ec which is on the RN305 near EC, after I measured it turned out that +3va_ec was indeed missing

Comment

+3V LDO will be missing as perhaps 19V is not passing thru on this board. Since 3V PWM is not getting +19V as VIN ,it cant produce +3V LDO. So dont bother about SDA/SCL at this moment. You need to check why charging IC ACP/ACN is not 19V. Thats the 1st step for repairing this mb. Stay focussed on this issue alone till you fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                                        +3V LDO will be missing as perhaps 19V is not passing thru on this board. Since 3V PWM is not getting +19V as VIN ,it cant produce +3V LDO. So dont bother about SDA/SCL at this moment. You need to check why charging IC ACP/ACN is not 19V. Thats the 1st step for repairing this mb. Stay focussed on this issue alone till you fix it.
                                        ok thanks sir.. i will focus on acn and acl first..., then on which parameters should i check first sir?

Comment

Working...
                                        X