Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo Yoga 3 14 80JH BIOS recover

Hi all,

I have been searching a lot for a way to recover Lenovo Yoga 3 14 80JH BIOS after a failed BIOS updated. I have read that is a way to flash the BIOS by holding down Fn+R or Fn+B and pressing start button having placed a USB stick with the BIOS.CAP file on it, just only this file, no need to create a booteable USB.

I have tried it and its supposed to read the BIOS.CAP file from the USB, but I can't see any light on the USB.

Has anyone test this method? Am I missing something? I'm trying this way in order to not need to bring the ultrabook to a technical service to flash the BIOS or mount a new one.

Another question I'm reading about is if I just need to extract the BIOS.CAP from the .EXE downloaded from Lenovo download page or it's needed to be modified woth some HEX editor in case I manage to boot my ultrabook from USB.

Thank you all.

Re: Lenovo Yoga 3 14 80JH BIOS recover

Just get a cheap CH341A Programmer. I have the same model here and flashing works fine.
    FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Sephir0th View Post
      Just get a cheap CH341A Programmer. I have the same model here and flashing works fine.
      Thanks you very much Sephir0th. Could you help me clarifying if I need to modify with a hex editor the Bios.cap extracted from the EXE file downloaded from Lenovo Yoga 3 14 page or just flash it without modiifying?

Thanks you in avance.

Comment

No need to mess with the Files from Lenovo support. It has to be a .bin-file. Just search or ask in BIOS section. I believe my working BIOS is from this section too. However i can Share it, If you want. Just have to wait Till evening, when i have Access to my bureau.
        Last edited by Sephir0th; 01-17-2021, 08:32 AM.
        FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Sephir0th View Post
          No need to mess with the Files from Lenovo support. It has to be a .bin-file. Just search or ask in BIOS section. I believe my working BIOS is from this section too. However i can Share it, If you want. Just have to wait Till evening, when i have Access to my bureau.
          Thanks Sephir0th. I would be very grateful if you supplied it.

Anyway I have asked in BIOS threads to a BIOS for 80JH with no nvidia card.

Comment

Hi again,

I finally take my ultrabook to an electronic technician to flash my BIOS.

I now have my Lenovo Yoga 3 14 operative, but still have the battery drain even powered off problem.

The technician told me that there must be something wrong on the motherboard they can't fix, so the solution goes through purchasing a new mother board.

Thank you all for your help.

Comment

As far as you described, everything was okay before the failed BIOS Update (?).

There was No Hardware Change done, so i still suspect an BIOS issue Here and i don't See any reason for Messing around with the Hardware at this point. I really don't want to judge anyone, but it seems the "technician" wasn't one with much experience If He wasn't able to do some Basic troubleshooting.

And of course i don't See any reason for replacing the Motherboard yet.
              FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Working...
              X