Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo G50-30 no display

Hi,
    Can anyone drop a schematic diagram for lenovo g50-30 here? this unit has no display, i already reflash the bios, no luck.
    thanks.

Re: Lenovo G50-30 no display

Here you go.
    I have one of these i am working on. I had to get a special programmer for the kbc.
    Attached Files

Comment

thank you sir

Comment

Do you find any solution? I have the same problem, i reflash the bios but nothing. I think it is probably bad processor.

Comment

Is it booting to external display?

Recently worked on a Lenovo G505 which has weird issue. I new it was booting by using an external monitor but laptop screen was blank.
          Only way to get correct boot so that laptop screen display is visible (including Lenovo splash screen, and incidentally, the webcam to be recognised correctly in device manager) is to press power on button and immediately close the laptop lid and reopen it.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
            Here you go.
            I have one of these i am working on. I had to get a special programmer for the kbc.
            Was the Kbc or the cpu processor??

Comment

same here - we replaced the CPU (it was shorted) and also flashed BIOS and EC.. still no image. Laptop turns on, all power rails ok..

Comment

Which pin of the CPU was shorted?
                How did you measure the BGA pins?

Comment

I didnt measure the CPU itself - I deducted that from 1.8VALW being shorted at PJ602. I then measured around and noticed that the CPU power rail was also shorted. Replacing the CPU removed the short and the system now powers on with voltages at all rails.

Comment

now you have to trace signals on the motherboard to see which one is not present.

Comment

Change the KBC and reflash KBC with same EC BIOS by SOVD or similar programmer. Hope your problem will be solved. Can you feel a little heat on KBC during running?

Comment

hi guys and thank you for your input - I tried a new KBC (flash it with Vertyanov) and it does the same - I think it gets a bit warm, too. Unfortunately the customer is impatient and I had to return it. We will solve this G50-30 maybe next time!

again thank you.

george

Comment

Hola !!! yo tambien tengo una G50-30 que no da imagen. Enciende el led de encendido pero nada por pantalla,externamente tampoco me da imagen.Regrabe BIOS y sigue igual.Sospecho del procesador.Tambien al conectar el Cargador enciende sola la maquina.Ya me tiene medio loco jaajja...Si alguno me tira alguna info se lo agradeseria.

Comment

Hello !!! I also have a G50-30 that does not give an image. Turns on the power LED but nothing on the screen, externally it does not give me an image. It reads BIOS and it's still the same. I suspect the processor. Also, when the Charger is turned on, it turns the machine on. Info would be pleased.

Comment

Hello, have you solved it. I have a very similar problem. When the motherboard starts, it takes only 0.25 Amps. So I think, the motherboard did not post.

Comment

Working...
                              X