ZLH Vs MCZ.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZLH Vs MCZ.

Hi all,I've got quite a few iMac G5's to repair and am waiting delivery from here of a few hundred 1800 6.3 MCZ's for them,in the meantime I had enough Rubycon ZLH's to repair a couple of boards,they've been running for a couple of days fine,I checked the specs of both and the ZLH ripple is 1800 ish to the MCZ's 2300 ish,the rest of the specs are near identical except the ZLH has a 10000 hr life @ 105degrees celcius.
    Does anyone use these caps and will I have problems later on?,client isn't in a rush to have these back,so it would be little hassle to recap once Chris's delivery arrives.
    Much appreciated.
    deckart.

Re: ZLH Vs MCZ.

ZLH are not as low ESR as MCZ.
    "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

The Ripple spec basically tells you how much Ripple the cap can handle without over-heating internally.

When you go with a cap with a lower ripple spec than original all bets are off in so far as longevity.

Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

Hmmm,what I thought,looks like 48 caps are consigned to the bin!.Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

ZLH are good caps in the proper applications. It's not like they are guaranteed to died young either. The original caps may have been over-spec'ed and ZLH are fine. But there is no way to know for sure. That's why I said the bets are off.

-
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
          -
          You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
          -

Comment

I agree,a bit between a rock and a hard place,me,to keep clients happy and myself,I'll wait for my MCZ's from here and sleep a little better!.

Comment

I have ASUS TR-DLS server boards which have ZLH in the VRM. The ZLH is rated for long lifespan, not low ESR. Servers are used 24/7 so maube that's why they specified ZLH.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbeark View Post
                I have ASUS TR-DLS server boards which have ZLH in the VRM. The ZLH is rated for long lifespan, not low ESR. Servers are used 24/7 so maube that's why they specified ZLH.
                That's a Pentium III board, no? Pentium IIIs don't need as low ESR in the VRM when compared to newer CPUs.

Comment

Originally posted by deckart View Post
                  Hmmm,what I thought,looks like 48 caps are consigned to the bin!.Thanks for the heads up.
                  what?! did you really just throw away 48 caps ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbeark View Post
                    HD, ZL, WX, KZE are all typical caps to see in a P-III VRM.

ZLH have a bit lower ESR than that group.
                    It's a proper application for ZLH and ZLH are better than minimum.

You should have a warm fuzzy about ZLH on a P-III board.

-

- Dr Seuss
                    -
                    -

Comment

Working...
                    X