NEC Plasma - Green Light; No Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEC Plasma - Green Light; No Video

About seven months ago I picked up a NEC PX-42VM5A panel from a recycler that had an excellent condition screen still. I immediately put it into use and it was trouble-free for months, then left it in standby (red light is on but power is still "off" from the remote) for two months while I was away doing other things.

The other day I went to sit down and watch a movie and turned it on from the remote. I get the usual relay clicks, the light went green, the panel went live, then the panel turned off and the light went out for three seconds, then the green light came back. I still had audio and I could still turn it on or off form the remote but no video or high voltage.
    Turned it off from the power switch on the panel and back on. Same thing. Unplugged it for the day and tried again the next day. Nope.

We used to service these panels at work so I dug around and found a known good power supply. Swapped mine out and tried again. Problem persists.
    Am I to suspect a bad driver board at this point, simply from sitting for several months??
    Find Nedry!

Check the Vending machines!!

<----Computer says I need more beer.

Re: NEC Plasma - Green Light; No Video

Having now written off two or three dozen identical model NEC panels for work, this problem seems to be EXTREMELY common as 95 to 98% or the panels taken out of the field earmarked "defective" suffered from the same problem. The rest had cracked panels or were mislabled and worked fine.

I still can't see what might be wrong....
    Find Nedry!

Check the Vending machines!!

<----Computer says I need more beer.

Comment

Working...
    X