Oscon Polymers - bad ESR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oscon Polymers - bad ESR?

I unsolder 4 Oscon polymers 1200uF/4V SVP from Sapphire Radeon 9800XT. This card run 6 months with no problems but my friend short circuit by screwdriver - one memory smoke up (card work on 2D fine but in 3D have artefakts)

I test caps on RLC testing bridge (maybe corect translate?), but mine is too old (made in 1970) - available two testing frequency 1KHz and 100Hz.

measure:
    1250uF / 43mR
    it's correct on 1KHz or bad testing method or bad OS-con cap
    Honny & -HoNY- not brothers, but friends who lives in same town

Re: Oscon Polymers - bad ESR?

Sounds about right, 43mOhm isn't that bad at 1Khz.. I believe most VRM's run in the 100 to 250kHz range right now, and Oscon's are much lower at that frequency range..

Comment

Originally posted by gg1978
      I believe most VRM's run in the 100 to 250kHz ....
      Yes its true, PII mobo's are 150-200KHz and lastes MB are higher
      Originally posted by gg1978
      range right now, and Oscon's are much lower at that frequency range..
      It's standart feature on polymers? I meansure 20mR on elyts (used Nichikon 4,7mF HD)
      Honny & -HoNY- not brothers, but friends who lives in same town

Comment

That is a good question. We need some samples of polymers to determine this, tough
        "It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
        "I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway my config - my caps

Comment

Do you know what frequency your ESR meter uses when measuring ESR?? The one we have at work only does 60Hz and 1KHz.. I have to use an impedance analyzer if i want to measure at any other frequency.

Comment

Working...
          X