Starter Capacitor Kits in the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starter Capacitor Kits in the UK

Hi. It is unfortunate to learn that TC no longer sells caps as I would trust him. In light of this I was hoping someone could recommend a kit or assorted bag of caps to keep a small stock of the popular or common capacitors for tv board power supplies and tv repairs. I seen cheap general purpose on ebay obviously I wont buy these. I thought I may need low esr. I wanted decent quality but from a supplier in the UK. Thanks in advance.

Re: Starter Capacitor Kits in the UK

make a list of common sizes,
    look up the prices for panasonic FM and FR series on RS and CPC and buy the cheapest.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Depending on the value, check Farnell also. The parent company of CPC, so a much larger range with free shipping if your order is over £20.

Comment

Will do thank you

Comment

Also check out TME.eu. Cheaper than Farnell, at least for Romania. They also sell cheaper brands but i do not recommend any of them for other than hobby work. They have a pretty good selection of Nichicon, Chemicon and Panasonic.
            Originally posted by PeteS in CA
            Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
            A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Cheers Th3

Comment

i use rs components myself as postage is always cheap and quick, but like you say be nice if we can find a chart with commonly used capacitors (rating size and voltage) that are used in tv psu s, what i have been doing is if i have to recap a psu to recap i just double/triple my order so im building up a spares supply slowly.
                Last edited by vinceroger69; 03-28-2018, 04:43 AM.

Comment

That's a great idea Vince, I think I will do the same, good way to do it. I agree too a chart would be brill. I have filled my cart on a few occasions now but wasn't 100% sure. But time is a good teacher

Comment

Working...
                  X