X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

@ jpmohave
    Not a great start - why on earth have you posted in the middle of a
    stickied Reference library thread. I have asked for it to be moved.
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Hello everyone! Just joined in the hopes of troubleshooting my TV. Glad to be here!

Comment

Greetings fellow re-cappers!
        Thanks for wealth of knowledge and help.

Peace!

Comment

Hello
          I'm Zynn...
          Like many of you, when I was a young one, I took apart my electronic toys, then those of my parents.
          For Christmas, I received the Radio Shack 100-in-One project kit, in the wooden box. I continued to learn more about electronics. I was a military brat and living in Germany, where our high school had some two-hour shop, graphics, and electronics classes, so I elected to take electronics for a couple years. It wasn't long before neighbors had me fixing things for them to keep me busy.

I grew up with an Atari, Commodore 64, and early IBM computers.

I joined the U.S. Army and was in Avionics, troubleshooting and repairing flight and radar systems. I ended up going school for electronics as well, with my GI Bill.
          Apparently, everyone else also went to school for electronics, so finding good work was a pain, as we were a dime-a-dozen, so the wages went down. I ended up doing a bunch of temp jobs plugging components into circuit boards, wave soldering, testing, etc, to make ends meet.

I then got into retail management.
          Life happened, and I went back into the Army, Combat Arms. Had to get out due to service-connected disability, so I went back to school, this time for a Bachelor degree in media arts: 2D/3D animation, special effects, game design, etc. Again, so did everyone else. <sigh>
          Back to management I went, until I got burned out.

Anyway, now I do some Photoshop artwork and make 3D game assets for game mods and whatnot, as well as repair and build computers. I still tinker with electronics and fix things, here and there, or design very simple circuits, for this or that. I would really like to get back deeper into it, but I'm very rusty. A lot has changed with the technology.

I am here to brush up, re-learn, and if I make any friends along the way, great!

Comment

HELLO WORLD ;-)

My name is Gregor, I come from Slovenia/Europe. Been in electronics since 1990 (yeah, born in `69).
            From that time I do all kind of stuff: Installing TV antennas (terrestrial/SAT), repair TVs etc, repair radio stations YAESU etc etc etc...

Sorry for my English, It is not my primary language ;-)

Comment

I'm Harald from Belgium.

As a teacher of electronics in a High School I try to repair our LCD monitors, TV-sets, etc... . This forum has already helped to find the problem in 3 Samsung SN2233 LCD-monitors . I've ordered the components (Transformer for CFL) in China and now I simply have to wait.
              The next monitor is a Samsung Syncmaster 2223NW.

Grts,

Harald

Comment

Well, hello all!
                I'm a jack of all trades master of none type of shade tree mechanic of almost everything. No specific area of expertise. I work for a small start up electronics repair shop called Pixels-N-Chips, LLC. located in Avon Park, Florda. We repair most household electronics such as non-CRT tv's, gaming consoles, computers and much more. Heck I've even had an old 1950's Reel to Reel Tape Recorder come in, and fixed it. I'm pretty handy at mechanical fixes and can learn easily. I'm always pulling tv's from the trash and either fixing them or scrapping them. I'm pretty good at diagnosing board level electronics, but I'm attempting to learn more of the component level so as to repair boards instead of replacing if at all possible, seeing as some boards are just too expensive or unavailable. I hope that I can be more than a leech on this site, as I tend to learn from listening and watching others, I doubt I can be of any real help to most people on this site, but who knows, I may just be the one who has the answers and if I do I will help. Thanks for listening to this rant and I hope you all have a great day.
                Last edited by pixelsnchips; 11-15-2013, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Greetings! Joined in the hopes of learning a little more on component level troubleshooting and getting back into hardware! (Currently in the wireless industry)

Comment

Hiya. Kyle from atlanta. Jack of all trades, tinker extraordinaire. Trying to get permission to create a new thread!

Comment

Hello.
                      my name is Biljana.
                      am from Macedonia.
                      My hobby is netwoking, computers, autodesk applictions. nice too meet you all
                      Greatings

Comment

Hello everyone! I'm Mike.
                        Great to be part of an awesome community, came here to seek some advice on recapping a mobo. Hope I can pass on the knowledge here and help somebody like this community helps me

Comment

Hello,

I signed up here because I was hoping to get help with a TV Repair. I spent $2000 on my TV and a year and half later they tell me sorry no warranty its going to cost $100 just to LOOK at it. I say screw the system, I want to try to do this myself and save some money. I hope I can get help here!

Comment

Hello there,
                            I'm mostly french speaker, I'll do my best to make myself understood.
                            Please do not hesitate to correct me or ask me to explain what I mean in other words.

By the way, I'm Yone

Comment

I'm only here because stuff breaks.

I like stuff, and my friend who used to fix my electronics passed away, so now I need to fix my own stuff.

But site seems like its got great info.

Comment

Hello Everyone!

Comment

hello

Comment

Hi guys. My name's Rick. Found some interesting info here and figured I'd jump on board.

Comment

Im Snarky, and Im new here, just signed up 20 minutes ago.

Comment

Just signed up, trying to fix my Sony STR-DB940 amp!

Comment

Hello all, i'm Don and i'm hoping to get some help on here. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X