Plasma screen with picture anomaly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plasma screen with picture anomaly

Wasn't sure what heading this could go under, but here goes. I have friend with a new plasma screen- Norcent PT4235. He buys direct from wholesale distributors so he doesn't have much in it. He's puzzled by what he says is a defect in it. When watching one day he noticed an anomaly in the picture. he describes it like a pebble hitting a pool of water and the ripples that spread outward from the center. His screen has ripples that move up the screen from a set point within the picture. He didn't say if the point of origin was the same or not, but it comes from the bottom up. He says it's not as noticeable on action images (lots of motion as in football games) as on more still ones? Anyone want to take a crack at this oddity?

Re: Plasma screen with picture anomaly

The quantum ripple effect in plasma is the result of the seventh dimension of the lower quark comming unwound. Oh, you said TV, nevermind.
    Jim

Comment

Well, I am not sure I can tell you that it is capacitors. Indeed, I would tend to think not. And it is tough to say without seeing it.

However regarding the horizontal wrinkles.

Pleasma screens are a bit different than normals CRT screens in that (like LCD's) they are without a refresh cycle on the screen. On a CRT, your scanning electron beam goes across one line at a time (the inspiration for this method was the plowing of a field, I kid you not) and when it finishes, it starts over again. With a plasma screen, you have a matrix of cells. When the gas is stripped of electrons by an electric current, you get other excitied electrols releasing UV light that is then floresced into R G and B. At the same time, the signal that is coming in, either via cable or via the airwaves is encoded in a way that assumes that the screen is still displayed in a field-plowing method. So my guess is that the circuitry is vertically and/or horizontally out of sync with the incoming signal. Does it have any sort of hsync or vsync adjustment features?

Just a wild guess though. And I could be way off base.

Comment

pictures are worth 1000 words.

Comment

Working...
        X