UN55KU6500FXZA White screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UN55KU6500FXZA White screen

TV was fine last night, woke up this morning and turned it on and got this. Someone told me it needs a TCON board however it looks to me like it doesn't have a TCON board, ribbons go right to mainboard, thoughts?
    Attached Files

Re: UN55KU6500FXZA White screen

Is the TCON built into the mainboard?

Comment

can you show us the whole boards at the back side of the tv.. to be sure there are no t-con.

Comment

Here it is
        Attached Files

Comment

put LVDS back be sure of them not damage.. then try hard rest from service menu... not from normal installation menu

Comment

Not sure how to do a hard reset from service menu? LVDS Low Voltage ? ?

Comment

Originally posted by zukdj View Post
              Not sure how to do a hard reset from service menu? LVDS Low Voltage ? ?
              NO,
              did you inter service menu ??? upload photo please

Comment

I had the same problem on one of the TV's i fixed .. IT was the Gamma controller chip , TCON is probably soldered directly on TV , or maybe its part of the main board, not sure.. I would check for VGH test points, there should be descending/rising voltage in order of pins depending from which way you test...Also 1 thing that you can try is ,when the tv is turned on , go with the back of your hand over the mainboard( NOT PSU ) and check to see if anything is burning hot. if not, i would dissasemble the TV completely to get to the driver board and see if there is anything wrong there
                Last edited by sigmeyer; 11-20-2020, 04:50 PM.

Comment

I haven't done anything yet, I am still a newbie at this stuff so please cut me some slack if I don't understand.

Comment

There was an update available, completed a hard reset per instructions online for this particular TV. Completed update as well. There is only 2 boards in this TV, mainboard and power supply so I can only assume main is bad. I'm just doing process of elimination, all the LED's are lit up, it powers on and off like it should, main/tcon combo sounds like the only realistic path to take.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by zukdj; 11-20-2020, 07:10 PM.

Comment

This is the new age Samsung s*itty mainboards with tcon integrated, it is probably broken the chip that stores the gamma values, since a reprogramming of this is almost unpossible due to lack of skill and datasheet, so the only way is to.change mainboard. bye.

Comment

Working...
                      X