Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vizio P602UI-B3 No Picture or Sound - No TCON Voltage

Originally posted by jason123 View Post
    Ok, what am I expecting? I did what you described. Pulled the "12V TCON" wire from the connector, then fed the pin on CN201 (pin 14) to "12V-AU"
    No change except now I'm getting 12 V on the small connector that goes from power supply to TCON
    Still no backlight
    you have only one socket at yours photo of PSU ... which small one you refer to?

Comment

Connector CN202 on the power supply that goes to the TCON. Now it has 12V on "12V T CON"
      So TCON is getting power now.

Comment

sorry i saw it socket 202 ... then put it back the wire in place put USB drive with LED indicator at any usb input to check the 5V.
        then plug out the socket between main boards and the led driver board .. turn on see if you have 5V. om usb

Comment

Ok, wire for "12V T CON" is back in place. Powered up system. Plugged in USB and it's active. Unplugged the LED Driver board. It's still active.

I watched a bit longer this time, and it looks like the TV reboots itself every minute or so.

Comment

reboot happened after unplug the led driver boards sockets?

Comment

No it happens even when Led driver plugged in

Comment

keep the usb driver always in place to notice the activity of the set or plug your DM DC checking the 5V activity... put back the led driver sockets. just remove all ribbon cable from T-CON side which it goes to panel check the reboot issue keep or stay on... ... don't put the ribbon back until you have function BL and no reboot any more

Comment

Not sure i follow Diah. What am i doing? Disconnect all ribbon cables from TCON to Panel? Then continue to watch the TV rebooting?

Comment

yes. we don't need the panel at this moment.. and we like to reduce load on main boards to check the reboot remain or the set stay on.. the 5V on any USB plugs are our sign of the set activity.. if it stay on or reboot... also later you can disconnect the speaker.... the WIFI Module too.

Comment

Can i just disconnect the the lvds cables from main to tcon? Easier than ribbon cables

Comment

can i just disconnect the the lvds cables from main to tcon? Easier than ribbon cables
                        no.

Comment

LVDS to T-CON Must in place always.. every sockets should be in place too.... only the ribbon disconnected from the panel ( actully in your issue case if i am will take the panel out from the set and keep it in safe place untill i have function BL and sound ) because its so easy to notice if the BL blinked for just ms.

Comment

Ok.. with ribbon cables disconnected, reboot happens every 1 minute and 6 seconds.
                            Same is true if I disconnect WIFI, LED Driver, Speaker... and finally the LVDS cables.. no change, reboot every 1 minute and 6 seconds.

Comment

Ok.. with ribbon cables disconnected, reboot happens every 1 minute and 6 seconds.
                              Same is true if I disconnect WIFI, LED Driver, Speaker... and finally the LVDS cables.. no change, reboot every 1 minute and 6 seconds.
                              i am back to my first post statement you have 99.9% shorted / Open LED ziner diode at BL

test with DM on diode mode one direction led should lit dimm and when change opposite probe should read ziner fw current.

the rest 0.1% mainboards (Main IC BGA / SPI - NAND Glitched )
                              Last edited by Diah; 11-15-2020, 11:19 AM.

Comment

I don't understand. With nothing connected to the main board except power, the main board reboots. Is this normal?
                                If so, why on earth would the LEDs be bad?? I tested every single LED and they all worked with the LED tester that you recommended I buy on a different post.

Just trying to understand your reasoning. Not saying you're wrong, I just need to understand how you arrived at this conclusion?
                                Last edited by jason123; 11-15-2020, 11:33 AM.

Comment

I don't understand. With nothing connected to the main board except power, the main board reboots. Is this normal?
                                  If so, why on earth would the LEDs be bad?? I tested every single LED and they all worked with the LED tester that you recommended I buy on a different post.

Just trying to understand your reasoning. Not saying you're wrong, I just need to understand how you arrived at this conclusion?
                                  i don't recall i did recommend any users to buy LED Tester.. because i don't have one and i don't need it too.. actually i am against it as it will not discover if there ziner open or short.. only if users had knowledge on how much currents used.

about errors, in General not absolute as it depend on brand TV design...
                                  any HW parts installed between other parts we cant easily disconnect them because they are part of circuit.. such yours questions about disconnecting LVDS my answer was NO. because LVDS are part or circuits like 12V T-CON circle which you test it before and it was in tact . any such HW parts if not in circuit there will be error registered.

HW parts which are located at end of circuit such panel speaker wifi we can disconnected them with out register any error.

LEDs can be lid on.. but still they have shorted ziner or open and we can see over this forum allot od users they test them and they lid on... but when the test done with diode mode on each found out shorted or open ziner diode.

now yours main boards... it may not started at all its just cut off and on !! because you cant put it in standby and you never mentioned about the front led indicator if it come on or not... or the set can recieve IR command from RC:: allot of questions still open my friends.. but LED driver board got such fire and the LED are the last HW parts in this circle and you stated all working... sorry i cant believe it and i may wrong too...

Comment

Thanks Diah.. though i didn't understand everything i get the point. I mentioned the TV is responsive to Remote. Led front indicator turns on and fades off just like my other VIZIO sets.
                                    With TCON connected, led driver connected, ribbons to panel disconnected, wifi module removed, i am getting reboot. Disconnect LEDs from driver board, same results. I don't get LED FLASH upon power up. I don't see voltage rise at all on the LED + leads. So it's not even being turned on not even momentarily.. if you have any additional questions, happy to answer. Thanks for the help

Comment

yours other vizio same model that you can test the replacement led driver boards?

Comment

No its m70, led board has ribbon cables

Comment

No its m70, led board has ribbon cables
                                          i see.. how about the PSU alone only connect to wall socket.. what do you have V on CN201 all pins. ? reason to know if the PSU turn on always from alone.

Comment

Working...
                                          X